There are 259 users in the forums

Saints ran a 'Bounty' Program - Now with 100% More Suspensions!

Shop 49ers game tickets
Draft picks taken away
Salary Cap cut to 2/3
Suspensions and fines to players and coaches
Take away their right to franchise any player

OK the last one was wishful thinking, but the first three seem like the only fair punishment.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
The Saints and Greg Williams are loving the Manning release right now because it takes the spot light off them.
I wouldn't be surprised to see Greg Williams banned from Football. Goodell can't afford to play around with something like this.

As an aside, it's kind of funny to see the Saints apologists trying to say that Bill Walsh had a "bounty" system for the 49ers ... what they forget to mention is that Walsh's system was for 3rd down stops, key blocks, turnovers, and things that were relevant to the game. (Some poser gets lit up by Russ Francis and wants to come back saying the Niners were playing dirty. They were just playing hard ... apparently harder than he did.)

Greg Williams bounties were for causing injuries ... no comparison.
Williams will probably be fined a max amount. Not fair to punish the Rams for something they didn't do. The Saints will be fined max amount.

There are probably teams that do this which is why no one's career will end. And the fact that it was coaches involved means a lower penalty ala the Raiders coach breaking another coaches jaw.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Shows you how inept they are. we hurt running backs and quarterbacks all year long and never had to offer extra money for it
Originally posted by Joecool:
Williams will probably be fined a max amount. Not fair to punish the Rams for something they didn't do. The Saints will be fined max amount.

There are probably teams that do this which is why no one's career will end. And the fact that it was coaches involved means a lower penalty ala the Raiders coach breaking another coaches jaw.

I dont see they can lay off Williams to avoid punishing the Rams. Rams can sack him. The man has to be seriously held to account.
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by Joecool:

I dont see they can lay off Williams to avoid punishing the Rams. Rams can sack him. The man has to be seriously held to account.

especially with allegations that he did this everywhere he went.
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
You guys remember the Vicodin scandal? saints?

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/orleans-saints-face-narcotics-probe-addition-bounty-scandal-article-1.1035953
Spam
[ Edited by English on Mar 21, 2012 at 2:21 AM ]
Everyone keeps mentioning fines, suspensions, loss of draft picks, but I wonder if it's in the realm of possibility that they are made ineligible to qualify for the playoffs for a year or two a la USC...

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by ImaMod:
You guys remember the Vicodin scandal? saints?

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/orleans-saints-face-narcotics-probe-addition-bounty-scandal-article-1.1035953

I love me some vicodin and few beers.
look what is back on NFLN right now.....was on hold until Manning was signed
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jreff22:
look what is back on NFLN right now.....was on hold until Manning was signed

"Tebow Watch" not getting the ratings?
Have they still not announced the punishment for this bounty nonsense? Its been forever since it broke out in the open...what is Goodell waiting for...
Originally posted by GameOver:
Have they still not announced the punishment for this bounty nonsense? Its been forever since it broke out in the open...what is Goodell waiting for...

He's waiting for people to forget about it so he can sweep it under the rug.
Share 49ersWebzone