LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 304 users in the forums

Saints ran a 'Bounty' Program - Now with 100% More Suspensions!

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ninertico:
It's already front page news on the Webz, the new news outlet. And now this:

Jason La Canfora ‏ @JasonLaCanfora

Memo sent to NFL clubs notes an incident with Saints LB Jon Vilma putting up $10K cash for a pre-playoff bounty and also notes that, according to the memo, Sean Payton's agent, Mike Ornstein, put up money for a bounty on two occasions. Memo says the actions of Payton and GM Mickey Loomis serves as "conduct detrimental" to the game. Hard not to think steep punishment is coming

This is so huge, man. It's going to be awhile before this dies down. It's got some serious teeth and it's bitting hard!

HOLY S!!!!!!! WOW....

Originally posted by daragon:
I love how some think Brees will come to the Niners now if the Saints lose their ability to franchise. Haha. He would take up the rest of our cap space easily.

A media member(possibly from a bay area reporter) said that could be a possibility based on a report that a possible punishment could be the revocation of the franchise tag and the lose of the ability to use the tag for a # of years.
jsut heard on nfl32 that greg williams was doing this in washington too
Originally posted by daragon:
I love how some think Brees will come to the Niners now if the Saints lose their ability to franchise. Haha. He would take up the rest of our cap space easily.

But Brees being a possible Franchise tag is what's interesting. If the Saints lose the ability to franchise this year, Brees AND Nicks would possibly hit the open market regardless because they don't have to sign with the Saints even if they match, right? This is really bad for them. Well deserved, too.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Originally posted by jreff22:
wonder what the value on Alex was in that preseason game

$0.

soo true.. if they had hurt alex we woulda been a better team.. No one wants that.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by okdkid:
Take their 2nd and 3rd this year. And their 1st next year.

itll be a lot more then that, that was basically the punishment for Spygate, already been reported that the NFL is going to far beyond the Spygate punishment when it comes to the bounty on the bayou(lol already has a name)
Originally posted by Fricker:

$0.

soo true.. if they had hurt alex we woulda been a better team.. No one wants that.

Just can't leave it alone guys, huh? Feel better now? Wanna a cookie?
Adam Schefter ‏ @AdamSchefter
Washington Post reports Redskins had a bounty system for big hits on opponents under their former defensive coordinator Gregg Williams.

Joe Staley ‏ @jstaley74
Just seeing all the reports about the Saints D. I knew there was something fishy about getting punched in the face during our playoff game
Originally posted by ninertico:
Originally posted by Fricker:

$0.

Just can't leave it alone guys, huh? Feel better now? Wanna a cookie?
Idiots gonna idiot
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Maybe the Saints franchise Drew Brees and actively let him negotiate with other teams so they can get their two 1sts back.
Originally posted by valrod33:
Adam Schefter ‏ @AdamSchefter
Washington Post reports Redskins had a bounty system for big hits on opponents under their former defensive coordinator Gregg Williams.

Joe Staley ‏ @jstaley74
Just seeing all the reports about the Saints D. I knew there was something fishy about getting punched in the face during our playoff game

Oh, it's on next year at NO.

I'm sure this team can't wait to get back on the field with them because they have enough incentives to just go out and target that D. One player at a time a la "Whitner" style.

Can't wait to see this OL after that DL. Will be fun to watch!

Joe is like Honey Badger now.

• sfout
  • Veteran
Maybe the Saints franchise Drew Brees and actively let him negotiate with other teams so they can get their two 1sts back.

lol no one of the potential punishments being floated by media is that the Saints could lose the right to use the franchise tag for this year and possibly longer.
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
This is all karma for that preseason blitz crap. lol
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Originally posted by sfout:

lol no one of the potential punishments being floated by media is that the Saints could lose the right to use the franchise tag for this year and possibly longer.

Won't happen. Too soon. They won't decide on punishments by the 5th.

Saints may consider trading Brees for two firsts under the franchise tag, if they anticipate not having a pick for the next couple years.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by sfout:

Won't happen. Too soon. They won't decide on punishments by the 5th.

Saints may consider trading Brees for two firsts under the franchise tag, if they anticipate not having a pick for the next couple years.

They've been investigating it for a year. I'm sure they've already got punishments laid out for it, not saying it'll happen but you know they already know what they're going to do.
I always knew Greg Williams was a prick! Saints gonna get raped by the league and by opposing teams next year! I'm loving it!
Share 49ersWebzone