LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 215 users in the forums

Off-season Top 51 totals for each team(Cap Related)

Shop 49ers game tickets
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/02/28/2012-top-51-cap-numbers-as-of-february-2/

49ers according to PFT have $105.9M committed to the top 51, this likely includes Spillman's extension, but not Brooks' extenson.

I have the team at $111,812,576M, but that includes Brock, Tukuafu and Grant expected tenders, plus Goldson's expected franchise tag and projected Spillman's extension figure. If I take away those figures I'm left with $103.625.576M, that includes a $1.048.294M in dead money. If numbers are correct and as close as possible I'm off by $2.274.424M, but there is no way that is devoted to Spillman, it likely has to do with some unknown escalators or bonuses I've overlooked.

I have Spillman at around $1.215M, so that would, if correct or close, leave us at a difference of $1.059.424M.
So we could be close to 115-116 with Brooks and those tenders? Is that out of the 123 or so? What about that 12? million we carried over.... and does your total have the 3.3 for spencer already deducted?

Did you ever get Willis and the 17 million compared to 7 million or whatever it was figured out? Thanks in advance AB.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Feb 29, 2012 at 2:09 PM ]
Originally posted by Gore_21:
So we could be close to 115-116 with Brooks... is that out of the 123 or so? What about that 12? million we carried over.... and does your total have the 3.3 for spencer already deducted?

Did you ever get Willis and the 17 million compared to 7 million or whatever it was figured out? Thanks in advance AB.

We should be close to 107M with Brooks, hopefully, no more than 109M. The projected cap is between 123M and 125M, plus the carryover from 2011($12.6M), would increase our cap to around $139.375M with a 123.375M cap, or add on 2M more for a 125.375M cap.

That doesn't include Spencer's likely release, so that will free up 3.3M from the committed salaries. I have us with commitments to Brock, Tukuafu and Grant on 1yr tenders, plus Goldson's likely tag number, and projected number for Spillman at around $23.848M under, of course before Spencer release and Brooks' new deal is known.

I figured out Willis' deal, he restructured back in mid october, as the team felt since we had extra cap space for 2012, we would throw the remaining signing bonus pro-rations onto 2012 numbers.

We should have around 22M to spend, barring another extension for say Rogers, to play with. Of course if the cap is higher, then add on 2-3M more. Plus I wouldn't be surprised or mad if we approached Whitner and Akers to lower their base salaries, turn it into signing bonuses, and mayb e add an extra 2 yrs onto their contracts, they did great for us, I wanna see them here for a good time amount.
Man, you rock AB. Thanks buddy. Wonder if it's too hectic to try and get those guys to restructure and possibly extended... although 2 years a lot can change but I wouldn't mind adding a year on to both. However, they only have so many guys working on all these contracts. Paraag must work 16 hour days during this time. P.S. He's been a real blessing for this organization. He really helped us get things fixed after our cap problem. I trust him, he really knows how to work the deals out in the best interest of us and the players. He is at the top of the game. Actually, was on another NFL message board and some fan of another team mentioned that they wish they had him and he's one of the best in the business. I believe that.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Feb 29, 2012 at 2:56 PM ]
Man, you rock AB. Thanks buddy. Wonder if it's too hectic to try and get those guys to restructure and possibly extended... although 2 years a lot can change but I wouldn't mind adding a year on to both. However, they only have so many guys working on all these contracts. Paraag must work 16 hour days during this time.

I wouldn't be surprised if he does work that many hours, same with Baalke, Harbaugh, etc... It's gotta be a long day every day they work.
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
I wouldn't be surprised if he does work that many hours, same with Baalke, Harbaugh, etc... It's gotta be a long day every day they work.

Yep, you have to love football to put 10-12 hour days in (at least coach does) during the season. Baalke and Paraag catch up with Coach during this time and probably put 10-12 if not 16 hour days in. Has to be crazy but so exciting at the same time. That would be so cool being in the war room with them. Coach was built that way though... has to always keep busy... crazy guy when he gets some time off he wants to be equipment manager for his brother in law.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Feb 29, 2012 at 3:00 PM ]

Yep, you have to love football to put 10-12 hour days in (at least coach does) during the season. Baalke and Paraag catch up with Coach during this time and probably put 10-12 if not 16 hour days in. Has to be crazy but so exciting at the same time. That would be so cool being in the war room with them. Coach was built that way though... has to always keep busy... crazy guy when he gets some time off he wants to be equipment manager for his brother in law.

Yeah, the entire front office is devoted to winning, which is great sign, no more idiots like McCloughan and a guy I hated, Terry Donahue, back when we were in major cap hell in early 2000's.

And yeah, I noticed you said 115-116 with tenders and brooks, that seems right for the projection. I'm so itching to see Brooks details. I wanna know how much is incentives, and how much is the base 6yr deal with bonuses. I'm kinda hoping it's a 17.5M signing bonus, pro-rated over 5 seasons, 3.5M a yr, hoping a low base salary in 2012, as low at 750K, which about the minimum for his tenure.
Yeah, the entire front office is devoted to winning, which is great sign, no more idiots like McCloughan and a guy I hated, Terry Donahue, back when we were in major cap hell in early 2000's.

And yeah, I noticed you said 115-116 with tenders and brooks, that seems right for the projection. I'm so itching to see Brooks details. I wanna know how much is incentives, and how much is the base 6yr deal with bonuses. I'm kinda hoping it's a 17.5M signing bonus, pro-rated over 5 seasons, 3.5M a yr, hoping a low base salary in 2012, as low at 750K, which about the minimum for his tenure.

Yep. A lot of people overreacted to this deal on the various boards. It's easy to overreact to deals... most people do it but when you break it down and realize most guys don't get what their full deal was worth anyways. He will be 34 if he goes all 6 years so he might not see year 6 and maybe even year 5. Plus, they said 44.5 is max with incentives, that means it will be less on top of that without say pro bowls, all-pro, a certain amount of sacks or whatever. I just threw out a guess yesterday and said he would probably get 30 million, 35 tops of this deal. Just like with Nate Clements, everyone went crazy even though off the bat the last year was void and he would get 7 years, 62? max. And we all knew he wouldn't get year 7 either... Like you said he ended up with 4 years and like 45 million. The signing bonus is the main thing to start with.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Feb 29, 2012 at 3:37 PM ]

Yep. A lot of people overreacted to this deal on the various boards. It's easy to overreact to deals... most people do it but when you break it down and realize most guys don't get what their full deal was worth anyways. He will be 34 if he goes all 6 years so he might not see year 6 and maybe even year 5. Plus, they said 44.5 is max with incentives, that means it will be less on top of that without say pro bowls, all-pro, a certain amount of sacks or whatever. I just threw out a guess yesterday and said he would probably get 30 million, 35 tops of this deal. Just like with Nate Clements, everyone went crazy even though off the bat the last year was void and he would get 7 years, 62? max. And we all knew he wouldn't get year 7 either... Like you said he ended up with 4 years and like 45 million. The signing bonus is the main thing to start with.

Yep, depends on how many years are really guaranteed to happen, maybe it voids after 2016, possibly there are some incentives that arent likely, or are easy.

With Clements deal, I was like WOW, 80M? Then saw the deal, and was like ok, last 2 seasons were dummy years, really 45M realistic, that whole 8yr 80M was for show. He never was and didnt see anywhere near that. We saved over 14M last offseason when he was cut.
So we could be close to 115-116 with Brooks... is that out of the 123 or so? What about that 12? million we carried over.... and does your total have the 3.3 for spencer already deducted?

We should be close to 107M with Brooks, hopefully, no more than 109M. The projected cap is between 123M and 125M, plus the carryover from 2011($12.6M), would increase our cap to around $139.375M with a 123.375M cap, or add on 2M more for a 125.375M cap.

That doesn't include Spencer's likely release, so that will free up 3.3M from the committed salaries. I have us with commitments to Brock, Tukuafu and Grant on 1yr tenders, plus Goldson's likely tag number, and projected number for Spillman at around $23.848M under, of course before Spencer release and Brooks' new deal is known.

I figured out Willis' deal, he restructured back in mid october, as the team felt since we had extra cap space for 2012, we would throw the remaining signing bonus pro-rations onto 2012 numbers.

We should have around 22M to spend, barring another extension for say Rogers, to play with. Of course if the cap is higher, then add on 2-3M more. Plus I wouldn't be surprised or mad if we approached Whitner and Akers to lower their base salaries, turn it into signing bonuses, and mayb e add an extra 2 yrs onto their contracts, they did great for us, I wanna see them here for a good time amount.

Man I want us to have as much cap room as we possibly can. We need a #1 WR pretty badly, plus would be nice to re-sign Ginn and Snyder. Alex is going to command some money, same with Rogers. I'm not sure we'll have enough to get nearly enough done.

Great job as usual AB!
Look inside Oakland's cap issues,

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/02/29/raiders-can-clear-plenty-of-cap-space-quickly/

The biggest number of the bunch goes to quarterback Carson Palmer, who despite taking less in 2011 upon being traded from Cincinnati remains due to receive $12.5 million in base pay this season. Conversion of, say, $10 million of that to a signing bonus would create $6.67 million in cap space this season — even though it would push that amount in equal parts to 2013 and 2014, the final two years of his contract.

Kamerion Wimbley gets a base salary of $11 million in 2012, $11 million in 2013, $10 million in 2014, and $11.5 million in 2015. He may have to simply take less money in order to stick around. And with $6.5 million of his 2012 salary fully guaranteed, the "or else" entails a cap savings of only $4.5 million. (Also, cutting Wimbley could trigger a cap escalation, depending on whether he received a signing bonus with his current deal in 2011.)

Others with high base salaries include defensive tackle Tommy Kelly ($6 millon), linebacker Aaron Curry ($5.75 million), receiver Darrius Heyward-Bey ($5.279 million), safety Michael Huff ($4 million), defensive tackle John Henderson ($4 million), and cornerback Chris Johnson ($3.5 million).
Share 49ersWebzone