There are 115 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Why do people hate Tom Brady?

Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
I hate the Patriots, and he's on the Patriots last time I checked. There are a billion Patriots fans, 11 years ago there were 4.

You guys can swing from his nuts, or hate him. Either way, you can stand in line.

I bet there are more people on the "we hate the Patriots" bandwagon than the "we love the Patriots" bandwagon.
I like Tom Brady. Always have. The Patriots, well they prevented the Rams and Terrell Owens from getting rings so no problems with them either. Most probably hate them because of success.
every legendary player in the history of sports is usually hated on...but certain characteristics do add to the hate such as Brady's cockiness
Originally posted by btthepunk:
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
I hate the Patriots, and he's on the Patriots last time I checked. There are a billion Patriots fans, 11 years ago there were 4.

You guys can swing from his nuts, or hate him. Either way, you can stand in line.

I bet there are more people on the "we hate the Patriots" bandwagon than the "we love the Patriots" bandwagon.

Most of those people hate them because they're successful, I hate, or to be more accurate, don't respect them for the manner in which they attained their success. The Steelers have been extremely successful for much longer, yet I have no ill will towards that organization. The Steelers success has been attained with class from a coaching/organizational standpoint and commands respect. The Patriots has not. This of course is my own opinion based on my observations, others are welcome to formulate their own opinion on the matter. I'm not going to argue.
  • Paul
  • Veteran
because he is successful. That's why people hated Tebow this year, Peyton, Favre, probably Montana...
Because he wears UGG boots.
  • vaden
  • Veteran
Originally posted by gold49er2183:
Originally posted by vaden:
I admit I've disliked him because people have wanted to put him on par with or even ahead of Montana, plus I hate Boston teams, but the guy is actually totally likable and one of the fiercest, most dedicated competitors the game has ever had at QB. And of course it's cool that he comes from here and was a big Niners fan. I was rooting for him yesterday and was actually sad to see him blow the game in the 4th and Eli outshine him. It just feels wrong. Something is very wrong about how the Giants pulled this off.

Alot of people feel the same way. Won on crazy fluke plays against teams that hadn't done that all season. Look at our game. Lost on special teams with 2 turnovers. Hadn't had one all season I believe. Welker dropped a pass. WES WELKER! Branch and Hernandez did also. Arron Rodgers had his worst day in arguably 2 years. Just strange things.

And Brady, one of the clutchest QBs of all time, inexplicably had a bad 4th quarter, with the terrible INT (although it looked to me like pass interference) and the bad pass to Welker. But whether you call that a bad pass or a drop, you have a WR with perhaps the best hands in football wide open on a blown coverage, and one of the most accurate QBs of all time throwing to him. That play is made 996 times out of 1000.

I know this sounds like bitter whining, and it is, damn straight it is but historically this Giants team has to go down as one of the luckiest and therefore one of the worst SB winners.
There are many reasons to hate Tom Brady but only one clear conclusion to why...

We must always defend the Team of the 80's and the Joe Montana legacy (although it does speak for itself) but as a 23 year old I never had the privilege to enjoy watching Joe Montana and the Team of the 80's. Tom Brady clearly is the CLOSEST resemblance to Joe and let's keep this last Super Bowl in perspective... he and Belicheat led a 31st ranked Defense all the way to the Super Bowl! I mean COME ON... As a spectator and American Football appreciator how can you not tip your hat?! This bears one more of these...

[ Edited by sf49ersx11 on Feb 6, 2012 at 10:19 PM ]
I used to dislike him but I cheered for him vs NYG. Not sure why personally.
Why I don't care for Tom Brady -

1) Everything is given to him on a silver platter. His offensive line has carried him since day one.. he has 3 hours to throw the ball and bounces up and down like a yoyo while I'm counting endlessly for him to throw. He never has work for anything. So to compare him to the all time greats, just because he has been to 5 superbowls. When they won three superbowls, the Jets, the Dolphins, and Bills all sucked, so they always had easy schedules.

2) He has been very fortunate to have Adam Vinetari.

3) He's a Patriot. This team is nothing but bunch of cocky sore losers and punks.

4) He is part of Spygate.

5) He is part of the Tuck Rule.

6) He's not a tough QB (watch him dance in above post). As soon as he smells a lineman within 20 feet of him he'll fold
[ Edited by jimmythegreekjr on Feb 6, 2012 at 11:57 PM ]
Because valrod likes him
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
Because valrod likes him

Correction, I LOVE HIM
Originally posted by jimmythegreekjr:

1) Everything is given to him on a silver platter. His offensive line has carried him since day one.. he has 3 hours to throw the ball and bounces up and down like a yoyo while I'm counting endlessly for him to throw. He never has work for anything. So to compare him to the all time greats, just because he has been to 5 superbowls. When they won three superbowls, the Jets, the Dolphins, and Bills all sucked, so they always had easy schedules.

3) He's a Patriot. This team is nothing but bunch of cocky sore losers and punks.

6) He's not a tough QB (watch him dance in above post). As soon as he smells a lineman within 20 feet of him he'll fold

He's also part of the no touching the quarterback below the waist rule. I remember a lineman barely touched his knee and he started pointing to the official for a flag and got it. I dont know what it is, but I was all for him for their first few Super Bowls, then afterwards I couldn't stand the guy. I guess I'm probably a hater, but whatever..
Originally posted by Chief:
Because he is better looking, more talented and richer than me.

f**k him

But he may not be able to smash like the chief
Originally posted by jimmythegreekjr: