LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 168 users in the forums

2011-2012 SUPERBOWL THREAD

Shop 49ers game tickets
I have never seen a team dodge so many bullets like the Giants did in the playoffs. They were actually very HORRIBLE with protecting the ball, but very lucky the opposition never capitalized. There were at least 3 near turnovers in our game, and 2 more here tonight. What a joke.
I wonder how the ratings will show up for this Superbowl.

Not just saying that because I'm a 49er fan..but I wonder how many people actually turned this game off.
Originally posted by 12b6demurrer:
Honestly, this was a really anti-climatic Super Bowl. The top 4 NFC teams would've beaten the Patriots today.

If Welker doesnt drop the ball in the 4th quarter, the Pats win the game. They would have controlled the clock and it would have been over. The Giants once again got every break in the world just like they did in the NFC title game.
Really? bad calls happen (bad no calls happen)... games are not (99% of the time) lost by officiating... I saw Eli make some great throws and his receivers make even better catches... That is what won it, that is why he won the Superbowl MVP...

Never rooted for the Pats to win a single game ever! but was totally wishing they won this game because of two weeks ago... and I am pretty empressed with the way Eli and the giants played... they deserved to win and it makes my stomach sick to write that.

edit: to be on topic--yeah i saw it.. meh matters not... the special teams plays from 2 weeks ago really decided why we were not facing the pats.
[ Edited by Prodig33 on Feb 5, 2012 at 9:57 PM ]
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/02/06/eli-makes-his-case-for-canton/

"Eli makes his case for Canton"

Is there a worse football commentator than Mike Florio? I really don't think so. The guy is a drippy vagina stuffed with retards.
Originally posted by Prodig33:
Really? bad calls happen (bad no calls happen)... games are not (99% of the time) lost by officiating... I saw Eli make some great throws and his receivers make even better catches... That is what won it, that is why he won the Superbowl MVP...

Never rooted for the Pats to win a single game ever! but was totally wishing they won this game because of two weeks ago... and I am pretty empressed with the way Eli and the giants played... they deserved to win and it makes my stomach sick to write that.

edit: to be on topic--yeah i saw it.. meh matters not... the special teams plays from 2 weeks ago really decided why we were not facing the pats.

Ah, not. The no fumble call cost us. That didn't happen half way through the game. It happened with 2 minutes to go at their 10. That is game if the ref doesn't screw us over. Total b******t is what that was. Total b******t.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by HessianDud:

Is there a worse football commentator than Mike Florio? I really don't think so. The guy is a drippy vagina stuffed with retards.

He's right two super bowl MVP's probably will get him into the HOF.
Originally posted by susweel:

this

oh, he's on his way. i'm not really disputing that. i just hate Florio. Maybe this article wasn't the best example of why I hate him, but he does always write knee-jerk s**t like this that slobbers all over the "flavor of the month" and seems to lack any insight or awareness of context.
I've never seen a luckier team than the Giants this year.

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Honestly, I barely even watched the Super Bowl today, caught glimpses of it, I was too busy playing football outside with my nephews. But that had to be one of the most boring Super Bowls ever. I wonder what the ratings were for this one??
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal

oh, he's on his way. i'm not really disputing that. i just hate Florio. Maybe this article wasn't the best example of why I hate him, but he does always write knee-jerk s**t like this that slobbers all over the "flavor of the month" and seems to lack any insight or awareness of context.

That's his job he needs to fill his site with stories.
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:

this

MVPs are over-rated. They always give it to QBs. Pointless award.

Eli had basically done s**t up until this year. Ya ya..he got a ring in 2007 but as I pointed out, Alex's stats for the year and playoffs were slightly better this year compared to Eli's 2007 year. Prior to this year people still weren't sold on him. He made the statement that he was elite in the offseason and everyone laughed at him. Yes he backed it up this year. But is he a HOF? Not anywhere close. He would need to put together 4 - 5 more strong years to be considered a HOF.

That's his job he needs to fill his site with stories.

sure, but the stories don't need to be stupid, or moralizing, or pedantic. this is a better example of why I hate him:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/02/06/m-i-a-middle-finger-mars-halftime-show/

the entire post is whiny moralizing in the Bob Costas model, but the kicker is the last sentence:

Regardless, the NFL should always be leery about the persons who headline the Super Bowl halftime show, and anyone invited to make a cameo appearance.

I mean, really? The NFL should be leery of the people they ask to do the Super Bowl halftime show?

NFL: Hey, Madonna, want to do the halftime show?

MADONNA: Yes, I would love to.

NFL: I don't trust you.

He's the NFL's chihuahua guard-dog. Completely harmless but totally irritating. He's just a bad writer with an irritating point of view and is always spinning things for the league office.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
2 time super Bowl MVP playing New York he will get in.
Share 49ersWebzone