LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 307 users in the forums

CCCCCaaaaaaaaaammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Shop 49ers game tickets
Props to Newton. The guy was dogged more than any prospect in recent history last year. the majority of folks couldn't wait for him to fail.
Did anyone watch the pro bowl?

No blitzing allowed, intentional grounding is not in effect, half assed backward laterals after interceptions, hugs and homosex blowjays ,
crowd boos....
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
Did anyone watch the pro bowl?

No blitzing allowed, intentional grounding is not in effect, half assed backward laterals after interceptions, hugs and homosex blowjays ,
crowd boos....

Yea I gave up on watching it after that cool Justin Smith hop over Jared Allen. I understand the game is all for fun, but fans paid to see them actually put some effort out there.
Originally posted by vaden:
Originally posted by THEB:
Uh, cam is by far the best rookie qb to ever grace an NFL field. He deserves the hype unlike tebow.

Dalton had a better year and is the better QB at this point. Cam blew a ton of big leads, like against Detroit and Atlanta. Hopefully it was just growing pains and he won't turn out to be "The Frozen One" of the NFL. I'd still take him over Dalton for sure.

Newton

Rating: 84.5
Pass Yds: 4051
TDs: 35

Dalton

Rating: 80.4
Pass Yds: 3398
TDs: 21

You'll have to explain to me how Dalton had a better year. Seems to me that Newton had a better year but Dalton plays on a better team.

For instance Cincinnati had the 7th ranked defense. Carolina was 28th.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by ace49ers:
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Tebow got way more hype than Newton. Also, we were one pick away from having Dalton on our bench all year learning........... waiting.......

Isnt that why Balks was a bit animated with the phone when it was about to be announced? I think he slammed the phone? Someone here posted it while watching the live feed.
not sure, didn't see that but I don't believe for one second that they were actually looking to move into the 1st for Kap. Dalton I believe.
  • vaden
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Uh, cam is by far the best rookie qb to ever grace an NFL field. He deserves the hype unlike tebow.

Dalton had a better year and is the better QB at this point. Cam blew a ton of big leads, like against Detroit and Atlanta. Hopefully it was just growing pains and he won't turn out to be "The Frozen One" of the NFL. I'd still take him over Dalton for sure.

Newton

Dalton

You'll have to explain to me how Dalton had a better year. Seems to me that Newton had a better year but Dalton plays on a better team.

Put Cam in the AFC North and see how he fares. Pitt, Balt and Cle comprised 3 of the top 4 pass defenses in yards allowed this year. Additionally, Dalton faced Hou, SF, Sea, Jax. The only really bad pass Ds he faced were Den, Buf, Indy.

Conversely, Cam's division has the worst collection of pass defenses in the league, even excluding his own. He only faced a few tough pass Ds all year. Which is one reason why Dalton ranked a few spots ahead of him in DVOA.

Then there are all Cam's blown leads, which weren't just the fault of their defense. They were up 23-7 at halftime against Atlanta and lost 31-23. Up 27-7 in the 2nd quarter at Detroit and lost 49-35. 8 points in over 4 quarters against mediocre Ds.
[ Edited by vaden on Jan 30, 2012 at 6:39 PM ]

How did Cam "blow a ton of big leads"? That would be the defense giving up points - that's how they blew big leads. Cam is the reason they had those big leads.
Im def. eating some crow cuz of this kid....I really thought he was J. Russel 2.0.....but I was wronge.....sooooo dead wronge.....
Wasn't the argument during the Mays pick the year prior when Singletary pretty much overruled the draft room? Some guys made a lot out of how "unhappy" we looked prior to drafting Aldon since they assumed we wanted Peterson. Glad that worked out OK.
  • vaden
  • Veteran
Originally posted by RDB4216:

How did Cam "blow a ton of big leads"? That would be the defense giving up points - that's how they blew big leads. Cam is the reason they had those big leads.

QBs get credit for comebacks; they should also get blame for blown leads (in general). The Atl and Det games I cited are perfect examples. Yes, Cam did well to get his team big leads, but then he choked when it counted, scoring just 8 points combined in the second half of both games.

i remember Harbaugh referred to him as raw plutonium grade material (or something like that)...i guess he was right
Is it just me or was the NFL players really doing some hazing over the pro bowl weekend?

Aldon probably got some free shots and Cam was getting the non gentleman treatment.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:

Newton

Dalton

Not to take anything away from Cam, he is and will be amazing, but Dalton is the better pure QB rushing aside.
Is it just me or was the NFL players really doing some hazing over the pro bowl weekend?

Aldon probably got some free shots and Cam was getting the non gentleman treatment.

non gentleman treatment? what's that??
Originally posted by WillistheWall:

Originally posted by WillistheWall:

Everyone else was getting little baby taps for tackles.
Cam was actually getting blitzed and tackled , regular season style. Rookie
Share 49ersWebzone