LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 211 users in the forums

Jeff Fisher to the Rams.

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • vaden
  • Veteran
Originally posted by strickac:
Meh, he'll assemble a nice staff, but they need a lot of work on offense and Bradford has been struggling with injuries.

Seattle is the threat. Anyone at QB for them would be an upgrade. Not worried about Fisher.

I agree, Seattle should be good next year, especially if they upgrade QB. I think even Arizona is a bigger threat than the Rams.
Originally posted by OtisDriftwood:
Originally posted by 9er2k:
I think the Rams have a pretty good nucleus on offense and if they get Gregg Williams to help on D I can see them battling for 2nd in the division

greg gonna be a dc in NO and STL> >?

Contract is up for GW and rumored to go STL. I really dont care but I was going to tweet the same thing if they beat us anyway.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter

Former Jets OC Brian Schottenheimer meeting today in Nashville with Rams HC Jeff Fisher about becoming STL's offensive coordinator.

Great hire. Will not only fail to properly develop Bradford but also since he is a unimaginative/conservative OC (That defensive HC love), he is perfect to implement Fishers 3 yards and a cloud of dust offensive style.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Jason La Canfora @JasonLaCanfora

Gregg Williams has agreed to join Jeff Fisher's staff, leaving as the Saints D Coordinator for the Rams #insideslant
Not that worried - Fisher will bring discipline and improvement, but second go around coaches just don't have the same energy. Even at the end of his Titans run his teams were trending downward.

Shotty and GWillians are solid coordinators, but not all world or anything. I would like to see us solve that darn safety blitz he brings!!

They'll be a bigger challenge than the last couple of years, but not too worried.
Originally posted by HearstFan:
Not that worried - Fisher will bring discipline and improvement, but second go around coaches just don't have the same energy. Even at the end of his Titans run his teams were trending downward.

Shotty and GWillians are solid coordinators, but not all world or anything. I would like to see us solve that darn safety blitz he brings!!

They'll be a bigger challenge than the last couple of years, but not too worried.

Yeah I would have been worried if they had signed Hue Jackson. Jackson is one of the better offensive minds in football, I think. But Shottenheimer is just average. That's not a knock on him, average in the NFL is pretty damn good. I'm just not as worried about him as would be about Jackson.

I am still a little concerned about how things are shaping up for the Rams. Fisher is a solid coach and better than anyone they've had for a long time. They already have a good handful of talented players after years of early drafting. And now, with the 2nd pick and a franchise QB already on the roster, they are in a great position to add a ton more talent. They could turn their #2 over all and #33 over all picks into 4 or 5 good, ready to contribute players if they play the draft right.

Ultimately, a lot will depend on Bradford. If he gets healthy and goes back to being the rising star he looked like 2 years ago then the Rams will be in great position to turn things around. But if they trade their chance to get another top QB and Bradford continues to struggle then they could keep sucking for several more years.

Where it would get really interesting is if they decide to draft RGIII. Whether that would mean trading Bradford or keeping 2 top 2 pick QBs, either way would be interesting to watch.
Why should they pick RGIII??? That's nonsense.
Originally posted by communist:
Why should they pick RGIII??? That's nonsense.

I'm not saying that's what I'd do, I'm just saying I wouldn't rule out them doing it.

I think Bradford is the real deal. But they did earn the 2nd overall pick with him playing a lot of the games.

I don't know what Fisher wants. He probably likes Bradford as well. But who knows. Maybe he doesn't. New coaches sometimes want new QBs.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
I think the Rams could be a very competitive team next year with possible FA signings that have connections with Fisher and his staff, along with a good draft:

Free Agency -

Braylon Edwards - WR (via Schottenheimer)
Cortland Finnagan - CB (via Fisher)
Michael Griffin - S (via Fisher)
Aubrayo Franklin - NT (via Williams)

Draft -

R1: Matt Kalil - OT (trade down with Browns for 1st, 2nd, and 5th rounders)

R2: Chase Minnifield - CB

R2: Jared Crick - DT/DE

R3: Nate Potter - OT/OG

Depth -

QB: Bradford
RB: Jackson
wR: Lloyd/Edwards/Gibson
TE: Kendricks
OL: Kalil-Potter-Brown-Dahl-Saffold

DL: Long-Franklin-Crick-Hall
LB: Leber-Laurinaitis-Poppinga
DB: Finnigan-Griffin-Mikell-Minnifield
The improving talent is a valid concern -they will certainly be more competitive with Fisher, William, Shotty and the talent that are accumulating.

Rams will improve a lot next year under Fischer and Williams as DC. Will get a lot of injured players back especially offense, will probably get a kings ransom for the 2nd pick since several teams will want Griffin. I can see the Rams having a dramatic turn around next year especially of they have a weak schedule.

Over all the NFC West is going to become a tough division.
  • Paul
  • Veteran
Fisher in my mind feels will feel like he has something to prove, especially the way the Titans pushed him out of the door. I doubt they will be a playoff team in the next year or 2, but Fisher will get it done. Actually see Seattle taking more steps back (hopefully), Cardinals not too sure.

NFC West is on the rise however
Originally posted by TheFunkyChicken:
I'm not saying that's what I'd do, I'm just saying I wouldn't rule out them doing it.

I think Bradford is the real deal. But they did earn the 2nd overall pick with him playing a lot of the games.

I don't know what Fisher wants. He probably likes Bradford as well. But who knows. Maybe he doesn't. New coaches sometimes want new QBs.
Yeah right but usually it's only true for non-young and/or cheap QBs. Bradford is very expensive, they invested too much money in him.
Share 49ersWebzone