There are 95 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Jeff Fisher to the Rams.

Originally posted by mcbaes72:
I'll wait and see who he keeps and the new coaches he'll bring in before judging too much. On the surface, it's a decent hiring for STL. But as mentioned already, Bradford with another OC and taking over one of the worst teams in the league. Might take 2-3 years before they even hit the .500 record. By then, he'll probably get fired though. Sucks to be a Rams fan.

Bradford is going through the same thing Alex did now lets if he can produce different results.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
You have to consider what Fisher did with the Oilers/Titans. He took a team that was relocating, and full of rookies its first two years into a 13-3 team and Super Bowl contender. He's still a winning coach overall, with very few noticeably poor seasons.

Except he isnt a young "up and coming" coach this time and teams don't give coaches 6 years to turn things around. Jeff Fisher is going to be expected to win right away and he has done nothing in his career to expect that.
Originally posted by zillabeast:

Damn he hasn't changed much.
He is a very good HC. The division just got tougher.
CHAMPIONS**T!

Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by SF69ers:
I thought he would picked Miami instead of STL. Miami has a more talented roster.

Once again Jason LaConfora was wrong.

To be fair, Schefter has also been touting all week that he was going to Miami also.
The Rams defense just got 90% dirtier.
  • 9er2k
  • Veteran
Originally posted by RedWaltz24:
The Rams defense just got 90% dirtier.

Yup expect Finnegan to be on the Rams next year.
Originally posted by Jcool:
For everyone worried about Fisher:

Has 6 winning seasons in 16 seasons as head coach. 5-6 in the playoffs (3 of his 5 playoff appearances are one and done & twice when they were the #1 seed), no playoff appearance since 2008 and no playoff wins since 2003.

• boast
  • Hall of Fame
one of the most boring coaches ever.
mediocre coach, and he played them for fools.
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Originally posted by Jcool:
For everyone worried about Fisher:

Has 6 winning seasons in 16 seasons as head coach. 5-6 in the playoffs (3 of his 5 playoff appearances are one and done & twice when they were the #1 seed), no playoff appearance since 2008 and no playoff wins since 2003.

I respect what Fisher did with the Titans, but I never thought of him as an elite coach.
I don't understand why you'd want to hire Fischer as an owner of a team. If he has prove anything, it is that his teams are usually run of the mill. I guess time will tell.
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Good! I'm tired of being in the NFC Worst.......

NFC West >>> NFC East and AFC West this year.