LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 264 users in the forums

Matthew Stafford

Shop 49ers game tickets
When you pass 50 times a game getting 5000 yards isnt that big of a feat. 5000 is the new 4000 imo.
He had a great year. He has all the ability in the world, but I wonder if he can stay healthy long enough to really become an elite QB? He puts up great numbers but something about him makes me feel, like others have said, that he's not quite "the real deal" or that he's somewhat "overrated." He doesn't seem like a guy who is going to dissect a defense with his brain like Manning or Brady; seems like a guy who makes it on chutzpah like Favre. Nothing wrong with that, necessarily, its just that even with his numbers I wouldn't put him in the Manning/Brady/Brees/Rodgers category.
Originally posted by HessianDud:
He had a great year. He has all the ability in the world, but I wonder if he can stay healthy long enough to really become an elite QB? He puts up great numbers but something about him makes me feel, like others have said, that he's not quite "the real deal" or that he's somewhat "overrated." He doesn't seem like a guy who is going to dissect a defense with his brain like Manning or Brady; seems like a guy who makes it on chutzpah like Favre. Nothing wrong with that, necessarily, its just that even with his numbers I wouldn't put him in the Manning/Brady/Brees/Rodgers category.

yeah hes definitly not Rodgers/brees/manning etc in game managing or leading a offense.. And you dont know if he has that "IT" factor where he is IT like peyton manning when you thought of the colts was Peyton... When i think of the lions i think of Calvin johnson/Suh.
He's overrated in the sense that he's still very green. He starts off slow and has accuracy problems still. Wouldn't be the same guy without Calvin that's for sure. This was his 1st season as a full time starter so I'm not hating. Just stating alot of room for growth.
He is so great Our defense was unable to stop him....oh wait he can't win against an elite defense
Share 49ersWebzone