LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 212 users in the forums

Matthew Stafford

Shop 49ers game tickets
5038 yards, 41 TD's 16 Ints.. thats close to Bradys 50 year TD MVP year were his team went 16-0 (if i recall right :P)... This guy was easily robbed IMO of the Pro Bowl...

Is this guy in line to possible break Drew Brees' new Passing record? Especially with having Calvin johnson/Titus Young, and who knows might grab another play maker to go along Jahvid Best and Brandon Pettigrew?? Thinking of it this team has loads of talent.. everywhere.. guess all those early 1st rounders paid off. maybe the rams are working on doing the same? lol
The top two QB choices of both AFC and NFC are correct, but the third choices this year are all wrong. Manning didn't outplay Stafford, and why is Rivers going to the Pro-Bowl?
He played three games with a fractured index finger on his throwing hand, and threw 9 of his INTs in those games. I think had he not been injured his numbers would be better.

Crazy part is he is only 23!

Next year the Lions should be a lot better with a healthy Best and Leshoure.
He will get hurt next year. dude is made of glass
Who cares
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Who cares

You do?? You did take the time to read and post.
Stafford is one tough hombre. Helps when you can just throw it up to Megatron too though, lol.
Originally posted by valrod33:

This
He had a good year. The NFC has too many good ones while the AFC is down with Manning being injured. Happens, big deal.
Originally posted by marshniners24:
Originally posted by valrod33:

This

Either this, or Megatron will get hurt and he will have nobody to throw to.

• ImaMod
  • Veteran
Hes overrated and injury prone

Shaun hill averaged 250 yards a game and 16 tds in 10 games last year with that team with less talent. They're even better this year plus the lions pass 50 times a game. Take out Calvin johnson and Stafford is nothing more than an average quarterback with a big arm.

When you watch him he really isn't that accurate at all
  • Paul
  • Veteran
how do you call a guy overrated with numbers like that? I really do like Stafford, glad to see he was able to produce this year. Long as he stays healthy it will just continue
  • vaden
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ImaMod:
Hes overrated and injury prone

Shaun hill averaged 250 yards a game and 16 tds in 10 games last year with that team with less talent. They're even better this year plus the lions pass 50 times a game. Take out Calvin johnson and Stafford is nothing more than an average quarterback with a big arm.

When you watch him he really isn't that accurate at all

I like Stafford but do agree that he has accuracy issues. He makes some amazing throws but also a surprising number of bad ones. Case in point was in that comeback drive against Oakland, he made a perfect 20 yard pass to CJ on the sideline, but the 50 yard pass CJ caught on the next play was underthrown by 10 yards. Should've been an easy TD. If Alex makes that throw to our receivers, it's picked off. But Stafford has Megatron, so he's lauded for an amazing comeback.
5th most passing yards in a season ever and he's overrated?
Originally posted by saniner:
5th most passing yards in a season ever and he's overrated?

thats true, thats saying something even with having the best receiver in the game.. Fitzgerald,Roddy,Jennings,Andre Johnson, All arguably the best in the buisness as well and there QB's aint putting up those numbers.... I knew i shoulda picked Stafford instead of sanchez in that keeper league that year :P
Share 49ersWebzone