There are 204 users in the forums

3 Questions on NFL rules

Shop 49ers game tickets
1) How does the NFL determine how to fine a player/coach when they criticize a ref in the media? For example when Carol said refs made bad calls, he didn't get fined, a few year back when Tomlinson said the refs were inconsistent he got fined.

2) What is the NFL rules on players sponsoring Presidential candidates? If a player being interview said vote for Ron Paul, will the NFL take action against him? And if so does that not go against his freedom of speech?

3) Do the players get any say when the competition committee makes rules? For example, if every single player wants to get rid of the Tuck rule, how much of leverage do they have to get it overturned?

Thank you very much guys.
Originally posted by Moolji:
1) How does the NFL determine how to fine a player/coach when they criticize a ref in the media? For example when Carol said refs made bad calls, he didn't get fined, a few year back when Tomlinson said the refs were inconsistent he got fined.

2) What is the NFL rules on players sponsoring Presidential candidates? If a player being interview said vote for Ron Paul, will the NFL take action against him? And if so does that not go against his freedom of speech?

3) Do the players get any say when the competition committee makes rules? For example, if every single player wants to get rid of the Tuck rule, how much of leverage do they have to get it overturned?

Thank you very much guys.

Dont quote me on these, but

1. I think it goes on verity of the calls. Like James Harrison, he is a repeat offender. I also imagine helmet to helmet hit is more severe of a fine then some stupid crap like wrong color shoes/socks.

2. I dont think the NFL can prohibit players from publicly sponsoring a person. It would be freedom of speach violation, and if done I would bet on the nflpa taking legal action.

3. I actually dont know this one. Might be made by the nfl commitee and not nflpa.
Share 49ersWebzone