LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 417 users in the forums

Adrian Peterson has torn ACL and MCL

Shop 49ers game tickets
Good luck to AP
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
The only thing that could've been worse would be him having what Daunte Culpepper had happen to him and have his ACL, MCL, AND his PCL torn. Pretty much the worst knee injury possible.

Well, you could still tear your LCL as well.

These injuries suck and they make for a long recovery, but doctors have had so much practice with these things over the last twenty years that full recovery is becoming a very common thing. And acl tear used to be the end of a players career. Now its a six month recovery. Doctors are better at fixing the knee now and there is no doubt in my mind that AP will make a full recovery.
Originally posted by Hawksfan81:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
The only thing that could've been worse would be him having what Daunte Culpepper had happen to him and have his ACL, MCL, AND his PCL torn. Pretty much the worst knee injury possible.

Well, you could still tear your LCL as well.

These injuries suck and they make for a long recovery, but doctors have had so much practice with these things over the last twenty years that full recovery is becoming a very common thing. And acl tear used to be the end of a players career. Now its a six month recovery. Doctors are better at fixing the knee now and there is no doubt in my mind that AP will make a full recovery.

agreed, hopefully anyway
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
man, that sucks. Feel bad for the dude. Hopefully he makes a full recovery.
Willis McGahee. AP will be fine.
yeah willis' leg was nearly detached.
dam shame b/c he said he came back these last 3 weeks so he wouldn't disappoint fantasy owners
H'll be back !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Horrible injury. Hope he heals up and makes a full recovery. Could this injury cause him to miss a significant portion of the 2012 season?
It could make him miss some part of the season.

The time line for a return to 100% sport activity is between 6 and 8 months. I know 'cause I'm just rehabing from a ACL reconstructive surgery.
The good thing is that he'll be in physical therapy 24/7, and that he is a highly traned athelte which makes the recovery a bit easier.

Two most improtant things are getting the mobility of the knee back and the strenght in the muscules.

The docttr takes two tendons out of your hamstring, drills thorugh your bones and pulls the tendonst trough, fixes them with screws and nails, the surgery takes about 90 minutes, on day two you start your recovery with phisical therapy, the knee is bent up to 30°, after the frst week you should be able to bend it 90° on a machine, parralel to that you're working on getting your muscle stregnth back, and to reduce the swelling ( lots of cold packs and ice).
Crutches are used for 6 weeks.
[ Edited by JeuSF49 on Dec 31, 2011 at 8:13 AM ]
Damn a year later and look at this guy now
About 60 yards away from the rushing record.

Will he get it????

Share 49ersWebzone