LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 219 users in the forums

Week 15 Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:
Why are you guys implying that the Steelers would play harder tomorrow? Where they just expecting to be a wildcard if the Ravens won tonight?

F**** them. Bring it.

This, Steelers were going to play their asses off no matter what. It should be irrelevant because the 49ers should be well rested and playing at home, if Pittsburgh gives them their best shot, the 49ers should be able to take it and still win if they want to be relevant in the playoffs whatsoever.
  • vaden
  • Veteran
I'm really surprised we are favored by 3 (also favored by 3 against Sea).
Ugh, after a few disappointing performances, now I have to root against Gore and the Akers (oppenents team), but for the Niners D and Antonio Brown (my team).

Still obviously want a Niners victory regardless, but I hate rooting against Niners players.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Originally posted by vaden:
I'm really surprised we are favored by 3 (also favored by 3 against Sea).

We're the better team. And we're home. I would be more if Roethlisberger was definitively out.
Originally posted by mug0mug:
Ugh, after a few disappointing performances, now I have to root against Gore and the Akers (oppenents team), but for the Niners D and Antonio Brown (my team).

Still obviously want a Niners victory regardless, but I hate rooting against Niners players.

tebow christ.
Originally posted by Afrikan:

tebow christ.

This, turn in your fan card

What a f**king joke
Originally posted by monsterzero789:

tebow christ.

I still obviously want the Niners to win and do well, but I do have about $700, and my pride, riding on it. I'm just rooting for the Niners D to dominate and the Niners passing offense to be more productive than usual. Minimal field goals (as I'm sure most hope) and I'd prefer passing TD's to rushing. Hopefully we're just up by enough that we can rest Gore for a quarter or more. I just want passing TD's and a dominant defensive performance instead of a Gore explosion and a bunch of FG's.
[ Edited by mug0mug on Dec 18, 2011 at 8:59 PM ]

tebow christ.

I still obviously want the Niners to win and do well, but I do have 6 or 7 hundred dollars, and my pride, riding on it. I'm just rooting for the Niners D to dominate and the Niners passing offense to be more productive than usual. Minimal field goals (as I'm sure most hope) and I'd prefer passing TD's to rushing. Hopefully we're just up by enough that we can rest Gore for a quarter or more.

Two seconds left on the clock, 49ers down by 2, Akers sets up for game winning 45 Yd FG. If he makes the FG you lose your fantasy match-up.

How you gonna act?
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:

tebow christ.

I still obviously want the Niners to win and do well, but I do have 6 or 7 hundred dollars, and my pride, riding on it. I'm just rooting for the Niners D to dominate and the Niners passing offense to be more productive than usual. Minimal field goals (as I'm sure most hope) and I'd prefer passing TD's to rushing. Hopefully we're just up by enough that we can rest Gore for a quarter or more.

Two seconds left on the clock, 49ers down by 2, Akers sets up for game winning 45 Yd FG. If he makes the FG you lose your fantasy match-up.

How you gonna act?

b*****d. Horrible scenario.

I could be happy to get my $700 and root for the Niners to win through the playoffs regardless, but really, I'd be rooting for Akers to make the kick. Real football, and my 20 something years as a die-hard fan, takes precedence. I'd gladly pay hundreds of dollars for a Niners Super Bowl victory. Unfortunately, tomorrows game isn't the Super Bowl, but I'll take the loss of cash for a greater chance to win it all, every time.

*Not gonna lie though, if there were nothing hanging in the balance (bye/homefield advantage etc) and the win/loss didn't mean anything other than a Niner's win?...I'd probably be painfully rooting for the miss and take the $700.
[ Edited by mug0mug on Dec 18, 2011 at 9:26 PM ]

We better win
Thats my beef against fantasy football.
Originally posted by SolRebe1:

It's extremely rare that it comes down to something like the scenario presented. During the regular season I always just root for every Niner to do well and pay no attention to how it relates to fantasy. It's just during playoffs, and only because it's for a significant chunk of change, that I kinda root for things to work out a certain way. Now that it's do or die, I'll still cheer Gore's success when it happens, I'd just prefer a TD pass to Vernon or something.

It doesn't really conflict very much at all.

On the other hand, what's great about it is that I watch many other games with greater interest than I otherwise would and know every teams' strengths/weaknesses, rosters, and styles much better than if I only paid attention to 49ers games. My overall football knowledge is much higher as a result of the many years of playing fantasy football.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal

I'm a huge football fan but I hate fantasy football I just think its pointless.
Originally posted by susweel:

I'm a huge football fan but I hate fantasy football I just think its pointless.

Agreed. Don't understand the appeal.
Share 49ersWebzone