There are 103 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

James harrison suspended

Originally posted by brizznasty:
Originally posted by dj43:
After his previous offenses, I'm surprise on game was all he got.

Would have been 5 games if the hit was on Tebow.

If he did, I'd pitch in for some of that fine, it'd be WELL worth it, though I'd ask him for a "kneeling" stance (refuse to call it what everyone calls it...not like no one ever knelt and prayed after a TD before Tebow ) next to Tebow's decapitated body
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
The league will stick to their guns on this one. They're making an example of him. He's a repeat offender, they have to lay down the law.

agree
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
He will appeal and play on mnf and then take the suspension the following episode

I read that he wasn't going to appeal
Originally posted by cwilson830:
He will appeal and play on mnf and then take the suspension the following episode

I saw a headline hinting he wouldn't appeal and then there is an article on NFL.com that says he is appealing swfitly.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d82503f17/article/steelers-lb-harrison-suspended-one-game-for-mccoy-hit
Originally posted by GSeef49er:
Originally posted by cwilson830:

I saw a headline hinting he wouldn't appeal and then there is an article on NFL.com that says he is appealing swfitly.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d82503f17/article/steelers-lb-harrison-suspended-one-game-for-mccoy-hit

Gotya - thanks for the update.
James Harrison want to hits on the QB, RB and WR because he wanna make them scared for him that is real! He loved it.. I realize it!! james Harrison is s**t the nasty for football!
So is he playing or not?
Originally posted by pelos21:
So is he playing or not?

I'm hearing that no matter how much he appeals, he'll be shot down 100%. -Harrison was the poster boy for dirty hits before Suh even arrived within the NFL.
  • dj43
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Originally posted by pelos21:
So is he playing or not?

I'm hearing that no matter how much he appeals, he'll be shot down 100%. -Harrison was the poster boy for dirty hits before Suh even arrived within the NFL.

He is lucky he wasn't suspended for the balance of the season.

The NFL office realizes the potential for a fatal injury exists here. Players have gotten so big and fast that the forces in a collision are incredible. We have already seen multiple examples of players whose life after football has been severely impacted by trauma to the head. If the game is to continue to flourish, the league must control the play of guys like Harrison and Suh.

If a player were to be killed on the field, lawyers from one end of the nation to the other would be lining up to sue everyone in sight and the league knows it. They will come down ever harder on helmit-to-helmit hits.
Is it just me, or is the Lingerie Football League looking like a tougher sport than the NFL now? So apparently defenders can't lead with their shoulders anymore, either. How soon until they go with the 2-hand touch rule?
Originally posted by RDB4216:
Is it just me, or is the Lingerie Football League looking like a tougher sport than the NFL now? So apparently defenders can't lead with their shoulders anymore, either. How soon until they go with the 2-hand touch rule?

bull pooh. Gay absolutely crushed a QB this weekend with a sack that he led with his shoulder. No fine, no penalty. Harrison leads with his head. I coached football at the little guys age and played, was always thought to tackle with the shoulder, not lead with my helmet.

Harrison is a cheap ass player.
  • dj43
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:

bull pooh. Gay absolutely crushed a QB this weekend with a sack that he led with his shoulder. No fine, no penalty. Harrison leads with his head. I coached football at the little guys age and played, was always thought to tackle with the shoulder, not lead with my helmet.

All it will take is one hit by a guy like Harrison to change the landscape of the NFL. Suspensions are the only way to change the playing behavior. Fines, even 6 figure ones, mean little to a guy making millions. What DOES work is taking away the game they live to play. That will bring down the ire of the coaches and teammates on the offender to say nothing of the fact he will miss out on playing the game. Kudos to the league office.

All it will take is one hit by a guy like Harrison to change the landscape of the NFL. Suspensions are the only way to change the playing behavior. Fines, even 6 figure ones, mean little to a guy making millions. What DOES work is taking away the game they live to play. That will bring down the ire of the coaches and teammates on the offender to say nothing of the fact he will miss out on playing the game. Kudos to the league office.

most of the leagues calls and fines I hate. They are ruining some of the game. But leading with your helmet is stupid. He was warned, fined, fined again...it didnt work. He had to be suspended. I agree it was the right call this time.

Hyperbole much?
  • dj43
  • Veteran

most of the leagues calls and fines I hate. They are ruining some of the game. But leading with your helmet is stupid. He was warned, fined, fined again...it didnt work. He had to be suspended. I agree it was the right call this time.

Agree fines like those on all white sox are ridiculous.