LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 226 users in the forums

Texans to decide between Garcia, Delhomme.

Shop 49ers game tickets
f**k jeff garcia
I'm surprised they don't go after QBs on the practice squad.
  • luv49rs
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
I hope Jeff can make a career ending great comeback. Loved Garcia!

me too!
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by btthepunk:
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=nfp-20111128_texans_to_decide_between_garcia_delhomme

I hope they pick Garcia.

Same. In my opinion, it's a no brainer. I mean come on, Garcia came in on an Eagles team that had talent and won a bunch of games. He then led the Bucs to the playoffs. Garcia can just play, and never had the tail off the Delhomme had. Jake just imploded. His injuries caught up and he just can't play like he used to.

Bring in Garcia, get him accustomed to the offense, and then see what he can do if Yates starts making too many mistakes. Jeff has playoff experience -- more recent at that -- than Jake Delhomme.

LOL. Garica is 41 years old and hasnt played in 3 years. Philadelphia was a LONG time ago. How is he a "no brainer'? If he really could still play he wouldnt have been out of the league with all the needs for quality backup QBs. I think Houston should just go with the rookie.
Originally posted by valrod33:
f**k jeff garcia

• MuggD
  • Veteran
They should just sign Garcia. Dude will probably start making s**t happen for no reason like he's always done.
Originally posted by sf49ersx11:
f**k jeff garcia

never liked the guy
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
f**k jeff garcia

never liked the guy

Yah you seem to hate pro bowl QBs, but like below average to average ones.
Originally posted by susweel:
f**k jeff garcia

never liked the guy

Alex Smith on those Niner teams would have similar success
Originally posted by Muggins879:
They should just sign Garcia. Dude will probably start making s**t happen for no reason like he's always done.

Agreed ..he would be a welcome addition with his ability to make plays with his feet ..Delhomme is a statue with a worn out arm

Originally posted by NeeJ49er:
Originally posted by Muggins879:

Agreed ..he would be a welcome addition with his ability to make plays with his feet ..Delhomme is a statue with a worn out arm

Happy Feet
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
f**k jeff garcia

never liked the guy

yah sure
f**k jeff garcia

never liked the guy

yah sure

He only had success when he had a good team around him. he wasnt that good of a QB. look what he did when he had s**tty teams. 4-11 with Detroit and Cleveland dude is very overrated
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by btthepunk:
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=nfp-20111128_texans_to_decide_between_garcia_delhomme

I hope they pick Garcia.

Same. In my opinion, it's a no brainer. I mean come on, Garcia came in on an Eagles team that had talent and won a bunch of games. He then led the Bucs to the playoffs. Garcia can just play, and never had the tail off the Delhomme had. Jake just imploded. His injuries caught up and he just can't play like he used to.

Bring in Garcia, get him accustomed to the offense, and then see what he can do if Yates starts making too many mistakes. Jeff has playoff experience -- more recent at that -- than Jake Delhomme.

LOL. Garica is 41 years old and hasnt played in 3 years. Philadelphia was a LONG time ago. How is he a "no brainer'? If he really could still play he wouldnt have been out of the league with all the needs for quality backup QBs. I think Houston should just go with the rookie.

It hasn't been 3 years. It's been two. He last played with Philly in 2009. And Who cares how old he is now!?! -- it's not like he's been sitting on the couch all that time (UFL in the interim) and is out of shape or something. Jeff can do something when he has talent around him. Favre is a million years old and was still making plays out there before last year. After injuries finally did him in, that was it, and if they take Delhomme over Garcia, that's exactly what they're going to get. A 2010-Favre-like beat up guy who can't play. Garcia won't be amazing, but he's certainly better than Jake, despite the age difference. He doesn't have that injury history either.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Nov 29, 2011 at 1:41 PM ]
they chose Delhomme

AdamSchefter Adam Schefter
Former Panthers and Browns QB Jake Delhomme reached agreement with the Houston Texans.
Share 49ersWebzone