There are 172 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

This week gameday thread

MNF sucks once again
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
LOL. New Orleans is a GREAT team at home and they had an extra week to prepare. Making any judgement on tonights game is silly. This is a team that beat the Patriots just a few weeks ago and came within an inch of coming back from 2 TDS against the Niners in the 4th QT. Oh one last thing.. they have played 3 playoff bound teams and had to face each one on the road. Beating NE, barely losing to the Niners, and getting whipped in NO isnt all that bad.

I actually dont think they WILL make the playoffs by the way. They will lose to GB most likely next week and will be 6-6. I just think saying they dont belong in the playoffs because they cant beat playoff bound teams is ridiculous.

Originally posted by okdkid:
Welp, it's official. The New York Giants are not a playoff caliber team.

If you can't beat playoff bound teams, you don't belong in the playoffs.

You think my comment is a headscracther? Yours takes the cake. You want to now declare that NY isnt a playoff team because they couldnt beat New Orleans on the road when the Saints had an extra week to prepare. Give Sean Payton and his team an extra week and that team will beat anyone not named Green Bay.

The Giants are not great but they did beat a playoff bound team that could be in the Superbowl ( New England) . The Niners may not beat any playoff bound team at all this year and could end up 0-3 against playoff teams if they lose to Pittsburgh and Cincy folds down the stretch. So... given that the Niners currently have the same record (1-2) vs. playoff bound teams as the Giants.. does this mean the Niners aren't playoff worthy. HMMMMMMMMMM??????
[ Edited by Ninerjohn on Nov 28, 2011 at 10:25 PM ]
Don't wonna play the Saints in New Orleans they are a different team at home.
Originally posted by susweel:

as long as we only lose 1 more game we wont have to
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by okdkid:
Welp, it's official. The New York Giants are not a playoff caliber team.

If you can't beat playoff bound teams, you don't belong in the playoffs.

Honestly the same could probably be said about us going off of what you just said.
Originally posted by jreff22:

Looking at the Saints schedule I could see them winning out and going 13-3. The Niners really cant afford to lose more than 1 as you say. The key game may be that road game in Seattle which is never easy.

Looking at the Saints schedule I could see them winning out and going 13-3. The Niners really cant afford to lose more than 1 as you say. The key game may be that road game in Seattle which is never easy.

They could win out but their schedule is much harder then ours. If we can get a W in Pitt then we may sit the starters in Sea anyways, or play them in a very limited amount. John will be sending Jim every piece of info on the Steelers because Balt needs a bit of help right now. If we win in Pitt the #2 seed is ours for the taking.

I'll stab somebody if we lose in Seattle for the 3rd year in a row
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:

I'll stab somebody if we lose in Seattle for the 3rd year in a row

i see us losing1- 2 more games. monday night game vs steelers and in seattle.
finish at 13-3 or 12-4.
  • vaden
  • Veteran
The Giants are the most erratic team in sports and have been for years, so it's folly to judge them off one game. All we know is moreso than any other team, they are capable of beating or losing to any team at any time anywhere. That's why other than the Packers, that's the one NFC team I wouldn't want to face (except for the Saints in New Orleans, but that's very unlikely unless we lose 2 more games)

This