There are 56 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Chiefs claim Orton

Per Clayton on NFL Live

I guess Palko wasn't cutting it.

Update* the Bears and the Cowboys also put in claims for Orton.
[ Edited by AXEGRINDER on Nov 23, 2011 at 11:30 PM ]
OOOHHHHH.......... NOOOEEESSS............ Susweel dream of him taking over for Alex Smith is done...
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
OOOHHHHH.......... NOOOEEESSS............ Susweel dream of him taking over for Alex Smith is done...

Misguided dreams are meant to be crushed.
chiefs vs broncos just got real
Originally posted by bors:
chiefs vs broncos just got real

real boring
It's a great move for them, puts them back in contention. Orton might, believe it or not, be better than Cassel. Cassel had a very good year last year, but hasn't had great numbers outside of that year. This year, he was pretty much 1:1 in TD:INT ratio. Basically, Orton has been more consistent.

Cassel
2010: 3116 yards, 27 TD, 7 INT
2009: 2924 yards, 16 TD, 16 INT
2008: 3693 yards, 21 TD, 11 INT

Orton
2010: 3653 yards, 20 TD and 9 INT
2009: 3802 yards, 21 TD and 12 INT
2008: 2972 yards, 18 TD and 12 INT

The Raiders will probably still win the division, especially when they have both McFadden AND Michael Bush running rampant again. The injuries are hurting Oakland a little in their WR group, but not too much. DHB was doing much better this year, and Ford made some big plays, but at the same time, Houshmandzadeh should fill in okay and Denarius Moore is a great playmaker. We'll see what happens, but the AFC West is pretty interesting this year.
  • luv49rs
  • Hall of Fame
the cowboys put in a claim for him too? very interesting. i wonder what romo thinks about that. nvm i just read that it is because kitna is hurt
[ Edited by luv49rs on Nov 24, 2011 at 7:00 AM ]
How do the 3 teams sort out who can claim him?
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
How do the 3 teams sort out who can claim him?

I think the team with the worst record gets him.........not sure though.
The desperate , just lost their qb's to injury , but still in the playoff hunt type teams are going for him.

He's just a replacement. Damn, I still somewhat remember this guy from the Florida days.
I'd love to see the Chiefs beat Denver now!
Originally posted by HearstFan:
I'd love to see the Chiefs beat Denver now!

Not me, I like Orton, but Tebow is the man.

BTW I hope Orton beats out cassel, KC is held back big time by the qb.
Actually, it was very smart for the Chiefs to grab him.

He's a reliable, not top tier, smart QB. AND he knows the Denver playbook as well as their D weaknesses since he scrimaged against them so much.