LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 189 users in the forums

poor TKO! The TAKEO SPIKES... his SAD STREAK WILL CONTINUE

Shop 49ers game tickets
We all remember three off-season's ago, that TAKEO SPIKES signed with the 49ers because he believed they were so close to clinching the playoffs in an iffy division. So after his failure to reach the playoffs with the likes of the BENGALS and Bills and Eagles, TKO chose the 49ers to finally get him to the post season.

Lets forward two years later, to this offseason.
49ers dont make the playoffs(obviously) and he was contemplating whether to stay or go to a contender and get more money.

TKO finally Chose the San Diego Chargers thinking that the 49ERS were not as close as SD would be to the playoffs. "I want to play for a contender" TKO said.
So Takeo chose to take more money and sign with the San Diego Chargers who is a better contender.

12 weeks into this season his Chargers wouldn't be making the playoffs, and the team he just left is on pace for a 1st round playoff bye!!!

so this is a CHEERS to TKO for being one UNLUCKKKKKYYYYY FOOTBALL PLAYER and a huge shout out to OUR 49ERS for proving every doubter WRONG!
And Philly made the NFC Championship game the year after he left too. Maybe he's got Buck Showalter syndrome, though SD is still VERY alive to win the AFC West. I wonder if we kept him if we'd move Bowman to OLB on base downs, like he played at PSU. Bowman/Spikes/Willis/Brooks would be nasty and on nickel Smith would come on the field for Spikes.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
His neck brings teams bad luck.
Originally posted by susweel:
His neck brings teams bad luck.

lol. that neck is a mix of 4 ppl in 1
feel bad for him. Dude is a very good player, and a class act. I liked him a lot when he was here.
Originally posted by andes14:
And Philly made the NFC Championship game the year after he left too. Maybe he's got Buck Showalter syndrome, though SD is still VERY alive to win the AFC West. I wonder if we kept him if we'd move Bowman to OLB on base downs, like he played at PSU. Bowman/Spikes/Willis/Brooks would be nasty and on nickel Smith would come on the field for Spikes.

It'll be a tough hill battle for SD to get to the playoffs. They will likely lose to Baltimore and Detroit, making them 8-8, whereas Oakland will win at least 3 games giving Oakland at least a 9-7 even if Oakland loses to SD in the last game of the season. SD will have to win at least 5 of the last 6 to have a chance to go to the postseason.
Originally posted by HessianDud:
feel bad for him. Dude is a very good player, and a class act. I liked him a lot when he was here.

and boy could he dance!!!!
guy was a good team leader(not as good as willis) who was good against the run(not as good as bowman) and poor in pass coverage. Guy was living in the giant shadow cast by P.willie and we have seen NO drop off in linebacker production in his absence .. in fact quite the opposite

• Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
sucks for him. he's a great player.

I felt bad for Spikes up until he slammed the niners for having camp Alex he called it pointless or something along those lines. When a team like the 49ers are so hungry to win and they have their own practices in a lockout there's no way it doesn't help them so in my opinion Spikes made himself look like an idiot saying those comments and had no place saying that when he's never had success. Also it's not a very good decision to choose going to a team coached by Norv Turner and a defense led by Greg Manusky, You'd figure he'd already know that playing in last year's team but it shows he's desperate.
I hope the cowboys sign him next year.
I don't feel bad for him. He threw his old teammates under a bus, when he himself had no idea what it took to get to the playoffs.
Honestly, I'm not sure we have a first round bye if we start Spikes.
Originally posted by fastforward:
Originally posted by andes14:

It'll be a tough hill battle for SD to get to the playoffs. They will likely lose to Baltimore and Detroit, making them 8-8, whereas Oakland will win at least 3 games giving Oakland at least a 9-7 even if Oakland loses to SD in the last game of the season. SD will have to win at least 5 of the last 6 to have a chance to go to the postseason.

Tough hill battle!
Share 49ersWebzone