LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 381 users in the forums

Desean Jackson...a 49er in 2012?

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • dj43
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
people saying kyle williams is like desean or a "poor mans" desean is out of their minds. theres only a handful of players with deseans speed and williams is not 1 of them, williams is more quick than fast and thats still fine. im not saying williams is slow because hes not but hes nowhere near the same class speed wise in desean, but i'll take williams' attitude and toughness over desean's any day but i'll still love to have jackson as a 9er next yr. its funny how many people sour on him this yr when hes having his 1st down yr of his young career in a season when the whole team is bad and hes pissed off at the organization, do i agree with the way hes handled this season, no. but if we cant get stevie johnson or dwayne bowe next yr i'll be very happy if we can get jackson.

Problem is DeSean has the dropsies, and Williams usually makes the catches. And less attitude issues, And doesnt cost as much as what DeSean wants, which isnt worth it. I am wary of Johnson and Bowe, Johnson dropsies as well, and Bowe just chickens out, ala Lloyd.

if either bowe or johnson hit free agency im willing to bet we will be 1 of the teams fighting for their services, well we better be other than crabtree, morgan and williams i dont feel comfortable with our wrs

I doubt Harbaugh will risk either of those two headaches. Better to draft a WR that doesn't bring baggage. Also less expensive.
Originally posted by dj43:
people saying kyle williams is like desean or a "poor mans" desean is out of their minds. theres only a handful of players with deseans speed and williams is not 1 of them, williams is more quick than fast and thats still fine. im not saying williams is slow because hes not but hes nowhere near the same class speed wise in desean, but i'll take williams' attitude and toughness over desean's any day but i'll still love to have jackson as a 9er next yr. its funny how many people sour on him this yr when hes having his 1st down yr of his young career in a season when the whole team is bad and hes pissed off at the organization, do i agree with the way hes handled this season, no. but if we cant get stevie johnson or dwayne bowe next yr i'll be very happy if we can get jackson.

Problem is DeSean has the dropsies, and Williams usually makes the catches. And less attitude issues, And doesnt cost as much as what DeSean wants, which isnt worth it. I am wary of Johnson and Bowe, Johnson dropsies as well, and Bowe just chickens out, ala Lloyd.

if either bowe or johnson hit free agency im willing to bet we will be 1 of the teams fighting for their services, well we better be other than crabtree, morgan and williams i dont feel comfortable with our wrs

I doubt Harbaugh will risk either of those two headaches. Better to draft a WR that doesn't bring baggage. Also less expensive.

I am actually ok with our WR core. We dont use many 3 WR sets, sometimes only a 1 WR set, we have Delanie and Vernon out there a lot.

We will keep 5 next season, Braylon should be gone, bring Ginn back for KR/PR, and Morgan back, bring in a vet or draft pick.

WR 1: Crabtree
WR 2: Veteran or Morgan
WR 3: Morgan or Draft Pick
WR 4: Williams
WR 5: Ginn Jr.
  • dj43
Originally posted by dj43:

I am actually ok with our WR core. We dont use many 3 WR sets, sometimes only a 1 WR set, we have Delanie and Vernon out there a lot.

We will keep 5 next season, Braylon should be gone, bring Ginn back for KR/PR, and Morgan back, bring in a vet or draft pick.

WR 1: Crabtree
WR 2: Veteran or Morgan
WR 3: Morgan or Draft Pick
WR 4: Williams
WR 5: Ginn Jr.

I would not be surprised if the reason we don't run more 3 WR sets is because we don't have three healthy, NFL-worth WRs right now.

As I suggested in another thread, I would not be surprised to see Edwards back next year on a minimum contract with some heavy incentives, including a roster bonus. He has very little work this year to entice another team to throw a bunch of money and years his way. He had hoped to use a good performance this year to re-start his career but that has not happened. I would be OK bringing him back. I don't think it would cost a lot to keep him. His family has ties to Harbaugh and that should count for somewhat of a discount. If he wants a lot of money, or if someone offers him a lot, then he leaves but I am not so sure he is going to get many interested takes.
I'd love DeSean on this team. No question about it, and he'd love being here. He's a bay area cat.
I heard DeSean Jackson is going broke and borrowing money from his agent
MeSean looked lazy out there, he clearly doesnt care about the game, he wants the money, f**k that, he hasnt earned it IMO.
Slacker. Don't want him on this team.
nope
MeSean looked lazy out there, he clearly doesnt care about the game, he wants the money, f**k that, he hasnt earned it IMO.

His play this year is flat out unnaceptable, but he should've been paid last year
Originally posted by danimal:
I heard DeSean Jackson is going broke and borrowing money from his agent

really?? where did you hear this?

Originally posted by YungAce:

His play this year is flat out unnaceptable, but he should've been paid last year

When the owners can renegotiate with players to take money away for crappy play then I will be cool with players renegotiating for more money. Vick's play this year should be worth about $35,000, Nnamdi has been worth about $15,000.
Was my favorite non 49er going into this season, now he can go f**k himself and do not want to see him on this team
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Eagles should have paid him they f**ked up.
Originally posted by susweel:
Eagles should have paid him they f**ked up.

That's a dumb reason not to play hard. He is a professional, he needs to act like one.
Originally posted by King49er:
Was my favorite non 49er going into this season, now he can go f**k himself and do not want to see him on this team

THIS!

Not only do I not think he will be a 9er next year. I'm beginning to wonder if he even be in the NFL.
Share 49ersWebzone