There are 175 users in the forums

Desean Jackson...a 49er in 2012?

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • dj43
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Very mixed emotions on this one. On the one hand... Jackson is an idiot. On the other, he is an elite talent that perhaps would grow up under someone who is tough like Harbaugh. Ability wise he is exactly what the Niners need.. .. unless you consider Crabtree a game breaker.

In a high percentage offense like the WCO Harbaugh runs, I don't see how his ultra-high drop rate can be tolerated. Harbaugh has done some amazing things but can he teach Jackson to catch the ball? This isn't the first year he has had trouble catching the ball.

I agree he could be an asset, IF his attitude is right, IF he does not shy away from contact, IF he catches the ball. Lot of IFs there.
Very mixed emotions on this one. On the one hand... Jackson is an idiot. On the other, he is an elite talent that perhaps would grow up under someone who is tough like Harbaugh. Ability wise he is exactly what the Niners need.. .. unless you consider Crabtree a game breaker.

risking that on a $40+ million contract is a big gamble
I'll take Stevie Johnson or Bowe instead.
  • dj43
Originally posted by MILFS:

Bowe is a bit of a head case as well. Did you see his lack of effort on the final pass play tonight? Collinsworth was all over him for lack of effort. Called it one of the most weak plays he has seen. When you are that big you need to go up and get the ball. He made no effort. Just pulled his arms down to protect himself from a hit that didn't even come.
[ Edited by dj43 on Nov 27, 2011 at 10:31 PM ]
Originally posted by MILFS:

Both of those guys are head cases too without the speed that Jackson has. Even with the drops his production as been pretty damn good.
Stevie Johnson the native kid.

Also has to quit f**king around so much! Not nearly the head case DJ appears to be. I'd sign him as well tho just with cautious contract clauses
he also needs to learn how to catch clutch passes. IJS
Originally posted by TonyStarks:

this, holy s**t this guy drops clutch passes. he wouldve walked in for the game winning td today and last yr wouldve caught the game winning td aganst the steelers. i'll still would love to have him as a 9er, odds are the bills will franchise him if they cant agree to a contract
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:

this, holy s**t this guy drops clutch passes. he wouldve walked in for the game winning td today and last yr wouldve caught the game winning td aganst the steelers. i'll still would love to have him as a 9er, odds are the bills will franchise him if they cant agree to a contract

Bills have a tough decision, tag Johnson or Fred Jackson.
What's the point of bringing him in if the QB wont throw him the ball consistent basis .............as long as Smith is the QB we will never have a true #1 receiver he spreads the ball around every game...........we seen what having a true #1 receiver leads to HINT HINT........ Braylon Edwards, he'll prob start b*tching n acting up the min that Smith starts throwing elsewhere..........Unless we get a QB that averages 300 yards per game we are better of with the cast we have already

Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:

Bills have a tough decision, tag Johnson or Fred Jackson.
for me i wouldnt think about it 1 bit, i tag a mid 20's wr over a 30 yr old back.
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
What's the point of bringing him in if the QB wont throw him the ball consistent basis .............as long as Smith is the QB we will never have a true #1 receiver he spreads the ball around every game...........we seen what having a true #1 receiver leads to HINT HINT........ Braylon Edwards, he'll prob start b*tching n acting up the min that Smith starts throwing elsewhere..........Unless we get a QB that averages 300 yards per game we are better of with the cast we have already

The Niners do not have any WRs with speed or can get separation on a consistent basis. It is a serious need and must be addressed if this offense is to get any better. Braylon Edwards isnt close to being a #1 WR.

The Niners do not have any WRs with speed or can get separation on a consistent basis. It is a serious need and must be addressed if this offense is to get any better. Braylon Edwards isnt close to being a #1 WR.

.......Ginn
He is afraid of getting hit, he alligator armed multiple passes across the middle! Diva ass afraid to get hit
Originally posted by jreff22:

.......Ginn

LOL I should have said a QUALITY DEPENDABLE wr with speed and who can get separation. Ginn should only see the field as a kick returner.
Share 49ersWebzone