LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 245 users in the forums

Desean Jackson...a 49er in 2012?

Shop 49ers game tickets
It really just all depends on what happens before free agency starts. Crabtree is starting to look good out there. Kyle Williams is making the most out of his opportunities. I was surprised he was the go to WR on the 4th down play against the Cards. That speaks volumes about how the coaches feel about him.

Also don't count out Braylon Edwards. He isn't healthy and will not be able to command a lot of money during the offseason. Now that the 49ers are considered contenders it wouldn't surprise me if we would want to come back so he can have a shot at a championship.

Then theirs Josh Morgan who is a favorite of Alex Smith.
  • NickV
  • Veteran
I wanted to draft djax so bad. But we don't need his type of wr for the game we play. Now I have no idea how his contract is...but hines ward would work very well for us. Or a player of his mold. Tough, hardworker, great run blocker and a team guy. That's the kind of wr we need.
  • dj43
Originally posted by matthewabbit:
I think we made our choice with Kentwan and Chilo. Unless he really wanted to come here I think the bidding war he is sure to command will put the niners out of the race . Our roster has so many must resign priorities i think niner ink will be better spent on current players.

There is always someone willing to overpay for a FA. However, Andy Reid has a reputation for being a player's coach, and if Jackson can't stay out of the doghouse with Reid, there may not be as many teams willing to pay him as Jackson might hope.
I think our 2012 receiving corps will be Crabtree/Morgan/Williams/draft pick/Ginn
Originally posted by dj43:
There is always someone willing to overpay for a FA. However, Andy Reid has a reputation for being a player's coach, and if Jackson can't stay out of the doghouse with Reid, there may not be as many teams willing to pay him as Jackson might hope.

Djax coming back to the bay with something to prove on a one yar Braylon edwards type of deal could be lights out for sure. Alex does seem to overthrow long bombs.... could be nice. But after reading that he drops twenty percent of his catchable passes it seems less appealing considering that with his size he is always one concussion away from retirement.
Originally posted by King49er:
Originally posted by valrod33:
We have Kyle Williams who can be the same type of player and is a hell of a lot cheaper, no thanks

exactly, Desean Jackson can go f**k himself

Yeah, I think that Desean Jackson may cowards cuz he is too thin! I saw Espn news about Desean Jackson was play at Redskin for two weeks ago when Vick threw him for An Ints then Desean Jackson try to tackle him but he saw the players block or hits Desean Jackson for block somethings then he decided and fall down. Espn saw it and found it already. I made right cuz i knew about him cowards! I don't want him.. I know him is best the plays but big plm for cowards. that is sadly..
[ Edited by BuZzB28 on Nov 22, 2011 at 8:12 PM ]
Jackson and Crabtree in the same locker room? It ain't big enough for all that ego.
Regardless of whatever might be wrong with him, but in his short career he's put up almost 4000 yards, accounted for 22 TDs, and averages 18 yards per catch. You can't discount that type of production. He's the type of guy that could put our offense on the next level.
But we want Nolan guys ...
Originally posted by BuZzB28:
We have Kyle Williams who can be the same type of player and is a hell of a lot cheaper, no thanks

Yeah, I think that Desean Jackson may cowards cuz he is too thin! I saw Espn news about Desean Jackson was play at Redskin for two weeks ago when Vick threw him for An Ints then Desean Jackson try to tackle him but he saw the players block or hits Desean Jackson for block somethings then he decided and fall down. Espn saw it and found it already. I made right cuz i knew about him cowards! I don't want him.. I know him is best the plays but big plm for cowards. that is sadly..

This. Word for word.

why did he get benched today?
Originally posted by marshniners24:
Originally posted by BuZzB28:

This. Word for word.

This^ can you translate bro?
  • dj43
Originally posted by jreff22:

He dropped long touchdown pass in the first quarter and later gave up on two crossing routes in obvious moves to avoid contact. In the second half he dropped a short TD pass. Philly fans are done with him.
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by jreff22:

He dropped long touchdown pass in the first quarter and later gave up on two crossing routes in obvious moves to avoid contact. In the second half he dropped a short TD pass. Philly fans are done with him.
damn

DO NOT WANT
Very mixed emotions on this one. On the one hand... Jackson is an idiot. On the other, he is an elite talent that perhaps would grow up under someone who is tough like Harbaugh. Ability wise he is exactly what the Niners need.. .. unless you consider Crabtree a game breaker.
Share 49ersWebzone