There are 283 users in the forums

Desean Jackson...a 49er in 2012?

Shop 49ers game tickets
i would like to see what kyle williams has to offer for the rest of this year
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
Kyle Williams has proven nothing. When he does, then make that argument, but right now I'd take DeSean over any of our WR's aside from maybe Crabtree.

the issue with Williams is his number of snaps and opportunity, maybe he start to get him into the mix more

Yeah, which is why I'm not sold on him, at least to being near DeSean's level. That said, I loved Williams in college, and have always believed he could be good if given the chance. If he gets into the lineup more, and is consistent, then I'll agree with all of you. I'm just not ready to say I'd pick with him over DeSean, baggage and all, based on what happened against the Cardinals yesterday.

I think after yesterdays showing he has taken Ginn's spot and may start to eat into Braylon's snaps

I hope so, because I don't trust Ginn to catch anything, and Braylon is borderline useless since his injury. I'm hoping he can at least produce similarly to how Morgan did before he got hurt.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
i would like to see what kyle williams has to offer for the rest of this year

It's almost sad to think he leads our WRs in TDs with 2. I hope he gets more time in the slot. He plays well when he gets time, and I like having a shiftier guy out there.
Kyle Williams has proven nothing. When he does, then make that argument, but right now I'd take DeSean over any of our WR's aside from maybe Crabtree.

the issue with Williams is his number of snaps and opportunity, maybe he start to get him into the mix more

Yeah, which is why I'm not sold on him, at least to being near DeSean's level. That said, I loved Williams in college, and have always believed he could be good if given the chance. If he gets into the lineup more, and is consistent, then I'll agree with all of you. I'm just not ready to say I'd pick with him over DeSean, baggage and all, based on what happened against the Cardinals yesterday.

I think after yesterdays showing he has taken Ginn's spot and may start to eat into Braylon's snaps

I hope so, because I don't trust Ginn to catch anything, and Braylon is borderline useless since his injury. I'm hoping he can at least produce similarly to how Morgan did before he got hurt.
Positive with Williams is his speed and shiftiness. I love Morgan but he is a one trick pony, Kyle is a much more fluid player with reliable hands.

Positive with Williams is his speed and shiftiness. I love Morgan but he is a one trick pony, Kyle is a much more fluid player with reliable hands.

I agree, which is what I like about him. He moves around like a real WR, and if he can become Alex's go to like Morgan, I'll be happy.
  • kray28
  • Veteran
I like him, but he's not worth the price or the trouble, plus his size and slightness of build is a liability, he's an injury magnet.

I also agree that from a character standpoint, he wouldn't fit this team too well.
Do not want.
  • dj43
After the stupid penalty he drew last night for taunting, it is clear he refuses to be disciplined and become a team player. Even though Harbaugh might be harder on him than Andy Reid, I don't want to take a chance on him bringing that kind of distraction here.
so he can sit out and act like an ass?

No thanks.

I want winners.

Desean has got skills, I don't know what other people here are talking about. So far, he's shown to be a different kind of player from Williams. Desean goes on deep crossing routes, go routes, maybe some come backs or screens... his raw speed and acceleration is second to none, even Ginn (although top end speed might be comparable).

The eagles offense sputtered with Desean stretching defenses against AZ. I'd love to have Jackson, except for the fact that he's a punk and I wouldn't want him in our locker room. So no. But he's still good.

He has more yards than crabtree and Edwards combined and averages 17 yards a catch. He could be our john Taylor who stretches the field for crabtree. He would also help Alex since he tends to overthrow receivers on deep routes. Unfortunately he might be asking too much money.
Originally posted by QBguru:
He has more yards than crabtree and Edwards combined and averages 17 yards a catch. He could be our john Taylor who stretches the field for crabtree. He would also help Alex since he tends to overthrow receivers on deep routes. Unfortunately he might be asking too much money.

Well, if he had John Taylor's character I might be interested.
I think we made our choice with Kentwan and Chilo. Unless he really wanted to come here I think the bidding war he is sure to command will put the niners out of the race . Our roster has so many must resign priorities i think niner ink will be better spent on current players.
Share 49ersWebzone