LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 304 users in the forums

Desean Jackson...a 49er in 2012?

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Originally posted by DaManRathman:
that bald dude is creepy

I thought that was Shaj before the hair transplant for a split second.

looks more like valrod before the weight gain.

Perhaps they mated and produced that monstrosity
Originally posted by DaManRathman:
that bald dude is creepy

I thought that was Shaj before the hair transplant for a split second.

looks more like valrod before the weight gain.

no way
Originally posted by Bryant4everYoung:
Fitzgerald

Don't play with my emotions like that.
No thanks. We have Ginn who will be a LOT cheaper, and is playing very well in the return game. Jackson would not get the deep ball opportunities here, and I don't think he is that great of a blocker.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
as talented as he is, do not want.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by King49er:
Originally posted by valrod33:
We have Kyle Williams who can be the same type of player and is a hell of a lot cheaper, no thanks

exactly, Desean Jackson can go f**k himself

These.
he's good, but he's a showoff and I'm not sure that he has a brain in his head. Do not want.
Desean Jackson doesn't seem capable of going over the middle anymore (maybe because of concussions). To be honest, I think we're fine at WR, but if we need to add another one, we can look for someone in the draft.
Based on talent, yes the guy is a beast and he could fill a Ginn role and be a deep threat, but the guy is proving himself to be an ass and team killer. Stupid ASS penalties. Missing meetings. Do you think this guy would block for our backs, I know that Kyle Williams even at his weight made some brutal crackback blocks.

I think the reason that we didn't take him in the first place was his bad attitude. Do you think Harbaugh would put up with that crap? Also the guy might be done in a couple of years.

If Braylon gets healthy I think he can fill a lot of what we are looking for. He hasn't shown his speed because he's been hurt.

Kyle Williams looked pretty damn good on Sunday though.
Originally posted by okdkid:
Since he his a Cal product, he gets more love/attention on this board than he deserves.

Contrary to popular belief, he is not a significant upgrade over Ginn in the PR/KR department. And his attitude sure as hell doesn't fit this team's personality on offense.

This team does not need Desean Jackson.

Sure, Ginn compares in the return game, but as a WR it's not even close. Ginn is a weak link for us. I hope Kyle W. stays healthy because it's getting hard to wath Ginn drop passes. It's bad enough Vernon can't catch. We need some sure-handed receivers.

Kyle Williams has proven nothing. When he does, then make that argument, but right now I'd take DeSean over any of our WR's aside from maybe Crabtree.
[ Edited by blunt_probe on Nov 21, 2011 at 6:24 PM ]
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by 76Razor:
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
Kyle Williams may emerge to be that type of weapon for us. in my opinion we still need another speedster with hands so Desean would be awesome but hes gonna cost way too much. crabs, williams, morgan are our best receivers, ginn should just be a special teams player, edwards is kinda shaky. they need to upgrade the position but i dont know if breaking the bank for desean is a great idea.

19.67% of catchable passes thrown to him have been dropped. led the NFL. no.

draft a speedster with good hands and let him grow into this offense.

Originally posted by blunt_probe:
Kyle Williams has proven nothing. When he does, then make that argument, but right now I'd take DeSean over any of our WR's aside from maybe Crabtree.

the issue with Williams is his number of snaps and opportunity, maybe he start to get him into the mix more
Originally posted by jreff22:

the issue with Williams is his number of snaps and opportunity, maybe he start to get him into the mix more

Yeah, which is why I'm not sold on him, at least to being near DeSean's level. That said, I loved Williams in college, and have always believed he could be good if given the chance. If he gets into the lineup more, and is consistent, then I'll agree with all of you. I'm just not ready to say I'd pick with him over DeSean, baggage and all, based on what happened against the Cardinals yesterday.
Originally posted by jreff22:

Yeah, which is why I'm not sold on him, at least to being near DeSean's level. That said, I loved Williams in college, and have always believed he could be good if given the chance. If he gets into the lineup more, and is consistent, then I'll agree with all of you. I'm just not ready to say I'd pick with him over DeSean, baggage and all, based on what happened against the Cardinals yesterday.

I think after yesterdays showing he has taken Ginn's spot and may start to eat into Braylon's snaps
Share 49ersWebzone