There are 125 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Desean Jackson...a 49er in 2012?

Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Originally posted by GoNiners:
he may be a b***h but if you paid him then he won't complain. Jackson, Crabtree, Morgan, and Williams sounds like a nice group of WR's if you ask me. I would welcome him here in a heartbeat! Plus he can return punts just as well as Ginn

I never understood how a player shouldnt play like he did or should just because he didnt get an extension.

Plus I dont know why everyone thinks we will get him freely. One he is gonna cost a s**t load of money, and quite frankly he isnt worth 10M a yr, he worth more like 6M a yr, and second, Philly isnt letting him go without draft picks in return. They aren't stupid, they are always raping teams draft pick wise. See McNabb deal, a 2nd for him, and then a 2nd and a good CB for Kevin Kolb, give me a break.

If they got a 2nd for an agin QB, and another 2nd plus a good CB for an overrated QB who didnt even look good in his starts, what do you think they will want/get for Jackson. They will likely want a 1st rd pick, and honestly, I would rather keep that pick, spend the money differently, like we did this offseason, instead of giving it all to Nnamdi, we gave that much total combined to Akers, Goodwin, Whitner, Rogers, Braylon and look better off for doing so.

isn't Jackson a free agent after the season though?
Originally posted by WINiner:
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by YungAce:
Originally posted by jreff22:
Eagles should have paid him they f**ked up.

That's a dumb reason not to play hard. He is a professional, he needs to act like one.

We don't know what's really going on with him. Sometimes its hard working for a place that doesn't appreciate you. He's still a young dude who hasn't matured yet.

For a kid making more money then 99% of the population and gets to play football for work he needs to get his s**t straight

I think the problem is that they brought in multple players from other teams and threw big contracts at them without taking care of their own. Desean has been their MVP for the last few years and has basically been treated like s**t. I don't condone his behavior this year but this should've been taken care of before the season started.

Exactly, nobody wants to feel disrespected by their employer. He maybe dogging it so they dont place the franchise tag on him.

He's got an attitude problem since college and nothing has changed. We just didn't see the attitude in the previous few seasons cause he was happy to be putting up #'s. The #'s drop and all the sudden his tude is more apparent. I don't think there's any way in hell the Niners add a little bia**h like Jackson when this is a TEAM in SF, not a collection of players like Philly.

That may have a lot to do with his contract situation. Either way, I'm not sure I'd want him on the 9ers. He's a me first type of guy
he may be a b***h but if you paid him then he won't complain. Jackson, Crabtree, Morgan, and Williams sounds like a nice group of WR's if you ask me. I would welcome him here in a heartbeat! Plus he can return punts just as well as Ginn

I never understood how a player shouldnt play like he did or should just because he didnt get an extension.

Plus I dont know why everyone thinks we will get him freely. One he is gonna cost a s**t load of money, and quite frankly he isnt worth 10M a yr, he worth more like 6M a yr, and second, Philly isnt letting him go without draft picks in return. They aren't stupid, they are always raping teams draft pick wise. See McNabb deal, a 2nd for him, and then a 2nd and a good CB for Kevin Kolb, give me a break.

If they got a 2nd for an agin QB, and another 2nd plus a good CB for an overrated QB who didnt even look good in his starts, what do you think they will want/get for Jackson. They will likely want a 1st rd pick, and honestly, I would rather keep that pick, spend the money differently, like we did this offseason, instead of giving it all to Nnamdi, we gave that much total combined to Akers, Goodwin, Whitner, Rogers, Braylon and look better off for doing so.

yes, but he can and likely be franchised.
i doubt the eagles franchise him. you're going to pay $10 mil for a guy who just isn't showing up?
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

yes, but he can and likely be franchised.

Good post AB on a reality check. Didn't want DeSean Jackson either, I'd much rather just re-sign Braylon and give him another chance with a full off-season and/or just draft another young blood.
Originally posted by valrod33:
We have Kyle Williams who can be the same type of player and is a hell of a lot cheaper, no thanks

Can he? I don't recall Kyle Williams being one of the most exciting players in the country while he was in college. DeSean Jackson has been a beast on the field. If he can mature a bit, he is a definite upgrade for this offense. He is also an awesome returner... don't discount the fact. And yes, he is better than Ginn.
I don't see Baalke moraging the farm for one player. He's way too smart and it isn't like there aren't other high quality WR in FA.

Hey AB/Suss - what would it take to get Reggie Wayne and how do you think he'd fit in to JH's coaching and game plans.
Originally posted by WINiner:
Eagles should have paid him they f**ked up.

That's a dumb reason not to play hard. He is a professional, he needs to act like one.

We don't know what's really going on with him. Sometimes its hard working for a place that doesn't appreciate you. He's still a young dude who hasn't matured yet.

For a kid making more money then 99% of the population and gets to play football for work he needs to get his s**t straight

I think the problem is that they brought in multple players from other teams and threw big contracts at them without taking care of their own. Desean has been their MVP for the last few years and has basically been treated like s**t. I don't condone his behavior this year but this should've been taken care of before the season started.

Exactly, nobody wants to feel disrespected by their employer. He maybe dogging it so they dont place the franchise tag on him.

He's got an attitude problem since college and nothing has changed. We just didn't see the attitude in the previous few seasons cause he was happy to be putting up #'s. The #'s drop and all the sudden his tude is more apparent. I don't think there's any way in hell the Niners add a little bia**h like Jackson when this is a TEAM in SF, not a collection of players like Philly.

That may have a lot to do with his contract situation. Either way, I'm not sure I'd want him on the 9ers. He's a me first type of guy

He'd be basically a good return man for us just like Ginn is. Because its not like Alex can get him the ball on the deep passes.
Originally posted by Kilgore_Trout:
Can he? I don't recall Kyle Williams being one of the most exciting players in the country while he was in college. DeSean Jackson has been a beast on the field. If he can mature a bit, he is a definite upgrade for this offense. He is also an awesome returner... don't discount the fact. And yes, he is better than Ginn.

A whole lot of "has been" and "could be" with this kid. There are better investments to make.

Right now...he is not a dominant player. There is no disputing that.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
I don't see Baalke moraging the farm for one player. He's way too smart and it isn't like there aren't other high quality WR in FA.

Hey AB/Suss - what would it take to get Reggie Wayne and how do you think he'd fit in to JH's coaching and game plans.

Wayne would be a bit less than a DeSean, Bowe, V-Jax, etc...

I've always liked Wayne, I would welcome him and start him with Crabtree. Then Morgan as 3rd WR.

I would think in the 3yr deal range, maybe 15M, 5M a yr average.

The others will ask for 10M average, and some will get it.
  • kush
  • Veteran
-LOL at anyone comparing Kyle Williams to Desean Jackson. He would immediately bring another dimension to our offense-we don't have any other guys who can score from any point on the field like he can and if KW really had his play making skill, we wouldn't still be waiting on him to bust out. I'm not saying KW can't become a good role player, but Desean has a chance to be a perennial pro bowler.

-I like the point someone made earlier in the thread about Desean being ultra competitive, I'm sure Harbaugh can work with a guy like him, as Harbs himself was considered a dick during his career(lol and even now). Maybe Desean and Harbs will be drawn together! *crossesfingers*

-And as for people condemning Desean, no one has any idea how much work he puts into being a player, how it feels to put your body on the line every day for a team who disrespects you by paying outside guys big money and then having your team fall flat. I'd be pissed, I don't know if I'd act up like Desean, but I would be f**king pissed. And for those saying he gets paid better than 99% of people to play a game...get real. The NFL is not a game, it is a multi billion dollar corporation and these guys work way harder than 9-5ers, They deserve every penny they get.

Basically, he's been a top WR since he came into the league, he should get paid like it. Eagles will be pissed when Desean pulls a Randy Moss next year and becomes a model citizen for a contender.