There are 181 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Desean Jackson...a 49er in 2012?

I may be a little optimistic but every week i feel like this is going to happen more and more. HEAR ME OUT...desean is having a very unproductive year and is giving the eagles a big headache lately with his holdout, not attending team meetings, and taunting penalties. IMO chances are that jackson will not be back in Philli next year especially if he still wants a big contract, which i dont think philli will give him considering they are overpaying for most of their starters (exaggeration but kinda true).

So if desean leaves where will he go? who will put up with him and his antics? well desean is a winner so he is going to want to be on a young team with a bright future (cough*49ers*cough) and we currently need that fast playmaker which he brings to the table.

But do we really want to deal with him and all his s**t? well i think our locker room team presence will be strong enough to keep desean in check. And most people forget that desean is a big team player and loves his teammates but he gets a little carried away with his competitiveness. Who else is really competitive? HARBAUGH. I think harbaugh will be able to relate to desean's attitude of taunting other players and channel it into his game.

I dont think desean is a bad guy just reckless and i think he will allow us to not waste a 1st rounder on a WR in 2012 (i hate taking receivers in 1st round)

THOUGHTS? ONLY SERIOUS COMMENTS PLEASE. if you think this is stupid just go to another thread....its just a fun conversation
We have Kyle Williams who can be the same type of player and is a hell of a lot cheaper, no thanks
  • BROWN
  • Veteran
Love Desean for the right price, especially if Ginn asks for more $, I rather upgrade our ST and WR core by adding DJ.
Originally posted by valrod33:
We have Kyle Williams who can be the same type of player and is a hell of a lot cheaper, no thanks

exactly, Desean Jackson can go f**k himself
No thx, dont wanna have that diva.
  • mod
  • Veteran
wrong forum... been discussed...

no I dont like
Kyle Williams may emerge to be that type of weapon for us. in my opinion we still need another speedster with hands so Desean would be awesome but hes gonna cost way too much. crabs, williams, morgan are our best receivers, ginn should just be a special teams player, edwards is kinda shaky. they need to upgrade the position but i dont know if breaking the bank for desean is a great idea.
Wrong forum.
don't want
Originally posted by valrod33:

This
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
Kyle Williams may emerge to be that type of weapon for us. in my opinion we still need another speedster with hands so Desean would be awesome but hes gonna cost way too much. crabs, williams, morgan are our best receivers, ginn should just be a special teams player, edwards is kinda shaky. they need to upgrade the position but i dont know if breaking the bank for desean is a great idea.

19.67% of catchable passes thrown to him have been dropped. led the NFL. no.

draft a speedster with good hands and let him grow into this offense.
Originally posted by 76Razor:
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:

19.67% of catchable passes thrown to him have been dropped. led the NFL. no.

draft a speedster with good hands and let him grow into this offense.

Would love to have him, but we would have to sign some our guys first. Getting a wr like DJ will require money, not that I would be not willing to pay him, but if it upsets the paystructure in place then I would have to think twice, he could return punts and kickoffs as well as wr duties to make sure he earns his keep. However the niners are a frun first team, not sure if it will factor in some wr's consideration.

As we have see with the eagles merely signing big names does not equate to constant success, there needs to be chemistry.

Rodgers, Goldson, and Brooks are my primary concerns along with an extension for Alex. Then Ginn. Not eagar at this point to resign Braylon.

Is there another corner who is worthy of Rodgers like consideration? Laron Laundry will probably be reigned that is why we need to go retain Goldson. but I trust that Baalke and JH will properly access the situation.
I apologize if this has been discussed bfore...i didnt see one

i like kyle williams too but u have to take in account that the cardinals had sam acho, a rookie LB, cover him most of the time. Id like to see how he progresses bfore labeling him our future speedster. I am excited to see how we use him in the rest of the season
Since he his a Cal product, he gets more love/attention on this board than he deserves.

Contrary to popular belief, he is not a significant upgrade over Ginn in the PR/KR department. And his attitude sure as hell doesn't fit this team's personality on offense.

This team does not need Desean Jackson.