There are 196 users in the forums

Michael Vick bankruptcy

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by valrod33:
He is in that situation due to the choices he made, dont care

I agree but isn't it nice to at least see him making an attempt to do the right thing instead of looking for a loophole like happens in so many situations?

so you are more resentful of a person who stiffed their creditors than a dog killer? I actually like Vick, but IMO your reasoning is stupid as hell. I mean, when companies stiff customers or other companies or business execs do this s**t they call it "well I made a smart business decision". When the average person makes the best financial decision for them, you say their screwing someone over. Double standard much?
Bold: I didn't say that at all.

Vick paid for his dog fighting crimes with prison time. (I don't care to get into whether the punishment fit the crime arguments.)

My point about the money was that at a time that many people are using loopholes in the law for their own PERSONAL benefit, Vick, by all reports, chose not to do that.

Just because the law allows a certain behavior doesn't make it moral or ethical. People who used inflated home equity to buy toys and then walked away from their obligation with their toys may be legal but it isn't ethical or moral, IMO.

but businesses do the same thing all the time and say it's just business so...
  • dj43

I agree but isn't it nice to at least see him making an attempt to do the right thing instead of looking for a loophole like happens in so many situations?

so you are more resentful of a person who stiffed their creditors than a dog killer? I actually like Vick, but IMO your reasoning is stupid as hell. I mean, when companies stiff customers or other companies or business execs do this s**t they call it "well I made a smart business decision". When the average person makes the best financial decision for them, you say their screwing someone over. Double standard much?
Bold: I didn't say that at all.

Vick paid for his dog fighting crimes with prison time. (I don't care to get into whether the punishment fit the crime arguments.)

My point about the money was that at a time that many people are using loopholes in the law for their own PERSONAL benefit, Vick, by all reports, chose not to do that.

Just because the law allows a certain behavior doesn't make it moral or ethical. People who used inflated home equity to buy toys and then walked away from their obligation with their toys may be legal but it isn't ethical or moral, IMO.

but businesses do the same thing all the time and say it's just business so...

That doesn't make it right.

Vick had the chance to do the same thing but didn't.

I am not a big Vick fan. He is much over-rated, IMO. Still, the sounds like the guy has learned his lesson.
Originally posted by Joecool:

How do we know he wasn't denied Chapter 7 bankruptcy considering his situation?

From two different reports they are saying it was Vick's decision. I don't know any more than that. It is interesting that his post-prison choices were quite different from before where he was trying to hide as many assets as he could.

Where are these reports?
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Originally posted by Joecool:

How do we know he wasn't denied Chapter 7 bankruptcy considering his situation?

From two different reports they are saying it was Vick's decision. I don't know any more than that. It is interesting that his post-prison choices were quite different from before where he was trying to hide as many assets as he could.

Where are these reports?

Share 49ersWebzone