There are 202 users in the forums

Jim Harbaugh vs nfl coaches:

Shop 49ers game tickets
Pete Carol - ownes him
Jason Garett - Stayed toe to toe with him (pushed him to OT)
Marvin Lewis - Out coached him
Andy Ried - Destroyed his dream season with halftime adjustments
Raheem Morris - Destroyed his team literally
Jim Schwartz - Out coached him and than made him look like an even bigger idiot with hand shake
Pat Shurmur - Out coached him
Mike Shanahan - Out coached him

Are any of these considered top coaches in the NFL? I find it a little wierd that a college coach taking over a 6-10 team with 2 weeks to get his team together is out coaching these NFL head coaches like this. Has this ever happend before? I wonder if there are any other college coaches out there that could do what JH and Company are doing right now?

I cannot wait to see what he does with Coughlin, John Harbough, and Mike Tomlin. Would love to see what he could do against McCarthy, Bilicheat, and Rex Ryan!

Your thoughts?
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
I think Harbaugh would hate this thread.
He is better than every coach in the NFL when you consider what he is working with, he had no offseason, a brand new system and coordinators and no time to work with the players. Other teams have played together for years. They should have a huge advantage over us. Not the other way around.
  • lyer
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
He is better than every coach in the NFL when you consider what he is working with, he had no offseason, a brand new system and coordinators and no time to work with the players. Other teams have played together for years. They should have a huge advantage over us. Not the other way around.

what about the bengals? sure the niners beat them, but rookie qb and rookie wr... not to mention nate clements and manny lawson.
I think Harbaugh's only blunder this year so far was not taking 15 yards, a first down, and a chance to wind more clock and have a shorter FG (if not a TD) against the Cowboys.

Other than that, he has been so brilliant that refs flag him for not understand the intricacies of his formation shifts and motions.
Originally posted by lyer:

what about the bengals? sure the niners beat them, but rookie qb and rookie wr... not to mention nate clements and manny lawson.

He's better than anybody. Best HC in the league. Coach of the year. Just my opionion.
Originally posted by lyer:

Those rookies are both high 1-2 round picks, thier defense was very good. Yet we still beat them, so I don't understand your argument. Clements got a 80million dollar contract from us and Lawson was a first rnd pick! Again I don't understand your argument, we won that game.
Share 49ersWebzone