There are 177 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Is Hugh Jackson losing control of his team?

Is Hugh Jackson losing control of his team?

The passing of Al Davis combined with injuries to Jason Campbell and Derrick McFadden has obviously affected the Raiders. Even with the Bye Week, new QB and receiver, the team appear to give up in the second half against a Tim Tebow led squad. The Raiders overall appear to be unraveling. More penalties, more mistakes, defense gettting worse with the Chargers coming up next. So the question is, Is Hugh Jackson over his head?
He got too much power and its going to his head. Maybe Al Davis death also killed the Raider season.
I think the loss of Jason Campbell screwed their season. I think it was unrealistic to expect Carson Palmer to come off the couch and start winning from the get go, and possibly for 2 first rounders no less. If McFadden doesn't come back soon, I think they're done, but they're lucky that the entire division essentially has the same record.
there's your link jimmy

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/11/07/hues-honeymoon-is-over/
Originally posted by Negrodamus:
there's your link jimmy

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/11/07/hues-honeymoon-is-over/

Thanks for the link.. That pretty much sums it up.
they need their best player back
Originally posted by YungAce:

Agree - losing Darren McFadden hurts and winning solves most problems...

However, they pulled the trigger VERY quickly on Carson Palmer (I thought it was a king's ransom).

Now Hugh is going from quirky and fun to backtracking and seemingly a little overwhelmed.

I think this Thursday will be very interesting to say the least.
[ Edited by chico49erfan on Nov 7, 2011 at 11:52 AM ]
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
I think the loss of Jason Campbell screwed their season. I think it was unrealistic to expect Carson Palmer to come off the couch and start winning from the get go, and possibly for 2 first rounders no less. If McFadden doesn't come back soon, I think they're done, but they're lucky that the entire division essentially has the same record.

If the Raiders don't fix the problems soon, they'll miss the playoffs, then they won't have to worry about losing the second first rounder.
Too much power for a guy who is not a quality HC.
I think they lost some of the locker room when you give up that much for Palmer and wouldn't even talk to Campbell when he was the one leading your team to a good start.
Word is that DHB is not happy about losing playing time to Houseyourmoma.

Dont blame him either because he was pace for a 1000 yard season.
Originally posted by YungAce:

Michael Bush isnt a bad player though, I dont think you can say its all Run DMC's fault
Yes...and I'm not feeling an ounce of sympathy either. The huge trade deal for Palmer, no running depth behind McF, signing over-the-hill HousYourDaddy who couldn't beat out a ST WR that the Niners signed, etc. They shot themselves in the foot and Jackson is starting to show that he may be worse than Nolan with HC/GM decisions.