LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 312 users in the forums

Playoff Discussion --- Who is who in the NFL (Top Team Discussion)

Shop 49ers game tickets
I see Alex Smith as having more than his share of time to develop.
I don't even consider these passes to Crabtree as my example of him not performing.
He is putting the passes in the right spot, I just feel like Crabtree gives up on the routes.
A lot of the time when you watch the replays it seems like Crabs isn't even in full stride after the ball.
If GB loses to SD this weekend they will still have the #1 seed because their loss was to the AFC and the 9ers was to an NFC team right?
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Great thread! Thanks for putting in the time!

Originally posted by global_nomad:
If GB loses to SD this weekend they will still have the #1 seed because their loss was to the AFC and the 9ers was to an NFC team right?

I've never heard of that rule... I could be wrong though...
Originally posted by Wodwo:
Great thread! Thanks for putting in the time!

No problem, I'll also have it updated tomorrow.
Originally posted by JayDAche:
Originally posted by global_nomad:

I've never heard of that rule... I could be wrong though...

It's true. The standings goes by

1.Division record
2. Conference record
Originally posted by niners4lyfe:

1.Division record
2. Conference record

Interesting tid-bit then.
that is a stupid rule but we beat higher quality teams so far, greenbays wins came against teams with a lower combined record. either way, i think we still end up with at the least a #2 seed. #1 is also highly possible. Harbaughs outcoached 8 teams so far, that dallas game was in the bag besides to blown coverages. Harbaugh continues to show that he's still one step ahead of the NFL
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
that is a stupid rule but we beat higher quality teams so far, greenbays wins came against teams with a lower combined record. either way, i think we still end up with at the least a #2 seed. #1 is also highly possible. Harbaughs outcoached 8 teams so far, that dallas game was in the bag besides to blown coverages. Harbaugh continues to show that he's still one step ahead of the NFL

I also agree, I feel it should go by strength of schedule, granted by the end of the season they'd beat us out anyway, but as for right now... We'd be ahead.

I also agree, I feel it should go by strength of schedule, granted by the end of the season they'd beat us out anyway, but as for right now... We'd be ahead.
i dont see why they would be ahead of us. their schedule is gonna start getting hard and ours is getting easier. we will catch them i think. they still play detroit twice, chicago, new york giants. theyve got some toughies ahead. i think the roughest team on our schedule is that steelers game. ravens and giants are tough too but i think we can handle them.

i dont see why they would be ahead of us. their schedule is gonna start getting hard and ours is getting easier. we will catch them i think. they still play detroit twice, chicago, new york giants. theyve got some toughies ahead. i think the roughest team on our schedule is that steelers game. ravens and giants are tough too but i think we can handle them.

I'm referring to, IF we end with the same record.
a few more games with a healthy Crabtree and Edwards playing together, and this passing game will further develop and we're going to be DAMN NEAR impossible to beat. we also have to tighten up the pass D as well, but every team has a weakness right?
Originally posted by niners4lyfe:

1.Division record
2. Conference record

Interesting tid-bit then.

I think Green Bay is the best team in the league, but I also think they're one of the most vulnerable amongst the Top 5 teams in a playoff game. Their rushing defense is giving up 4.6 ypc. They run for just 4.0 ypc. Their passing defense is giving up 300 ypg, although they're getting a ton of interceptions. They surrender 17.5 yards per punt return.

Outside of Rodgers, who may be playing the best football that's ever been played at the QB position right now, that's not a very well rounded team right now. Aside from him, the only aspect of their game that's really clicking is their FG unit. What happens when Rodgers is merely really good one day instead of unbelievably incredible? What happens when their opponent doesn't turn the ball over?
Originally posted by King49er:
a few more games with a healthy Crabtree and Edwards playing together, and this passing game will further develop and we're going to be DAMN NEAR impossible to beat. we also have to tighten up the pass D as well, but every team has a weakness right?

Yeah I was wondering why that whole game it seemed like our DBacks were giving Washington a 10 yard cushion.
Share 49ersWebzone