LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 266 users in the forums

Bill Belichick - Fight Club

Shop 49ers game tickets
Saw a story on PTI that an ex-player told a story about Belichick turning to him at different points in a season to start fights during practice. If the practice was going slow or players looked sluggish, Belicheat used this as a motivating tool. This player also mentioned that Belichick would pay him for this service.

Correct me if I am wrong but this is a violation of the salary cap? Players can not receive extra monetary benefits for anything. While this may seem very small I believe the league should look into this and he and the Patriots should suffer the consequences if the story is true.
it sounds like it would probably be a violation of something, but it also sounds like its smart coaching. I mean, I'm assuming that he wasn't telling him to hurt guys, just to get into a shoving match that fires the team up. We've applauded the "intensity" of our team getting into practice scuffles.
Originally posted by HessianDud:
it sounds like it would probably be a violation of something, but it also sounds like its smart coaching. I mean, I'm assuming that he wasn't telling him to hurt guys, just to get into a shoving match that fires the team up. We've applauded the "intensity" of our team getting into practice scuffles.

Ya, the fighting I am fine with. But if he is paying players to do this what is to say he doesn't pay them to do other little odd jobs. All this would be in violation of the salary cap.
Originally posted by SportsFan:
Originally posted by HessianDud:

Ya, the fighting I am fine with. But if he is paying players to do this what is to say he doesn't pay them to do other little odd jobs. All this would be in violation of the salary cap.

yeah, that's the part that is shady. i hope this screws them somehow.
The man is a winner. Everyone cheats and always has. Even The Genius. He just happens to be the first guy to get all this attention in this age of the internet. If it works, it works though.
Cheat Club
That's awesome. I wish Belicheck was our coach if we didn't have Harbaugh
heard this on the radio today. I lol'd.
  • Paul
  • Veteran
it's Chad Eaton....yeah exactly
Share 49ersWebzone