LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 221 users in the forums

The man who isnt there......

Shop 49ers game tickets
This a story about Jamarcus Russell, a man who may be the biggest bust in NFL history. I myself had a lot of harsh comments about the man, like he's a thug and he's ghetto, doesn't care about anyone but himself, that he won't amount to anything blah blah blah but after reading this article I found myself regretting most of my feelings, this story hits you in the gut, it choked me up it made me laugh and most of all it made me change my mind on the kind of person he really is.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/article/magazine/MAG1191566/1/index.htm
[ Edited by Natewillis2252 on Oct 31, 2011 at 11:23 PM ]
Good read. All that article said to me is that he didn't suck at life as much as he did at football, unlike Ryan Leaf.

Blaming everything on sleep apnea didn't really sway me much. He just seems like a good guy who cashed in when he had the chance, like anyone would, and didn't feel like committing his life to football.
[ Edited by OregonNiner87 on Nov 1, 2011 at 1:25 AM ]
sign him
He wouldn't have sleep apnea if he wasn't so fat!
Originally posted by OregonNiner87:
Good read. All that article said to me is that he didn't suck at life as much as he did at football, unlike Ryan Leaf.

Blaming everything on sleep apnea didn't really sway me much. He just seems like a good guy who cashed in when he had the chance, like anyone would, and didn't feel like committing his life to football.

Whether its true or not, I will keep an eye on this story for a lil while but I got the impression that the Raiders organization took the fun out of the game for Russell, from what Russell was saying is that Cable made it really hard for Russell to trust him or anyone for that matter or to have fun. And for the comment about having sleep apnea because hes fat that isn't always the case even though a majority of the cases are because the person is over weight.
[ Edited by Natewillis2252 on Nov 1, 2011 at 9:00 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone