There are 199 users in the forums

Should "blow to the head" penalties be reviewable?

Shop 49ers game tickets

Should "blow to the head" penalties be reviewable?

Goldson got robbed today. I hear analysts b***h about this every week. It's crap.

Discuss.
challengeable
f**k yes.
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Goldson got robbed today. I hear analysts b***h about this every week. It's crap.

Discuss.

I voted YES ... not just Goldson, Cowboy got flagged for a BOGUS "To-the-Head"
penalty yesterday as well. It seems, that the teams gets one of those called on a
weekly basis. Only good thing, it has yet to cost the Niners a game.

^NVM
[ Edited by FlayvaMeister on Oct 31, 2011 at 8:16 PM ]
Here is a thought... NFL should take some of it's billions and use it to hire the Refs full time and get more of them. Get guys up in the booth looking at every play. Then we don't have to slow the game down... maybe signal the head ref if they see something? I guess there isn't much time to look at things. Also, wouldn't hurt if they started putting ads up on the sides during reviews and things so they could quick look at things and not take a 5 minute commercial break. This way they don't have to cut away all the time. Just a flash of ads in the bottom of the screen during longer stoppages. Just overall in general we could cut time by doing that. Don't like the commercials after the extra point and then after the kickoff. I know players have to come in and out but I bet it doesn't take nearly as long as the commercial breaks are. Flash some ads instead...
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Oct 31, 2011 at 4:31 AM ]
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
every week, these bogus calls change games. Common sense would tell you that it happens so fast that maybe you got the call wrong. Review that s**t!
They need to stop that crap. It's football. With all the rule changes the last 5 years you might as well play flag football out there. Ronnie Lott couldn't even play in todays game.
Here is the problem. If you can review the called ones, what about the non-called ones. There was a blow to the QBs head yesterday that wasnt called and the team was throwing a fit. I couldnt believe, and the announcers, that is wasnt called.

I hate the way they call flags on QBs and Corners in the league right now but I say no.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
only review the called ones.

Yes... also PI should be reviewable. Those are game changers.
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
If Ronnie Lott played today he would end up owing money to the league
[ Edited by jimrat201 on Oct 31, 2011 at 9:49 AM ]
J Smiths' bury to Colt McCoy was CRAZY

I thought he killed him.
Yes, there should be challenges on penalties. Maybe have two "penalty" challenges per game along with the regular challenges.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
always good to review your "head blows"
Share 49ersWebzone