There are 274 users in the forums

official week 8 thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
That TE for the Giants is hot garbage!!
First game watching Cam Newton -- he looks pretty damn good. Oh, and Leslie Frazier is awful.
Freddy P Soft was busy this week...

NYG - overlooked/underestimated MIA
NO - coming off SNF/underestimated STL
BAL - coming off MNF/underestimated ARZ
TEN - underestimated IND

any given Sunday....
Originally posted by golfing9er:
so far this whole week says much more about the "top" teams than it does about the lower level teams. To say the Cards or Rams have looked good would be foolish... the Ravens and Saints are just playing that bad. I think it just goes to show what everyone's been saying this year... that aside from the Packers there really is no other top team that's immune to being beaten by a lesser team. Those are the only 2 games that are really against what was expected. The Giants haven't been that good at all and the Dolphins haven't been as bad as their record. As far as the Ravens and Saints go it just goes to show that even if you're playing a "lesser" team you still gotta get pumped up and go out there and take care of business. Can't just assume you'll cruise through with a win.

The Packers have almost lost two games, one to the Panthers in Week Two. I don't think they are as good as everyone thinks. Their defense has given up a ton of points. The first defense that figures out Aaron Rodgers will win.
Let's just hope that the NFC West is having a GREAT day we will also enjoy!
Originally posted by Psinex:
Yeah, they're in the lead. I don't really think they're the worst team, I'm just saying that I think that would be the least dangerous place for Luck to go...being in the AFC and on a team that has an inept douchebag owner with little talent. I also think the Giants are massively overrated.

He'd be throwing to Brandon Marshall though, that'd be a very dangerous combination.
Originally posted by VA49er:
Let's just hope that the NFC West is having a GREAT day we will also enjoy!

except the seahags...they can stay put
Originally posted by chico49erfan:
First game watching Cam Newton -- he looks pretty damn good. Oh, and Leslie Frazier is awful.

Yeah, Frazier with a Nolan-esque challenge.
Originally posted by TheGoldStandard:
Yeah, they're in the lead. I don't really think they're the worst team, I'm just saying that I think that would be the least dangerous place for Luck to go...being in the AFC and on a team that has an inept douchebag owner with little talent. I also think the Giants are massively overrated.

He'd be throwing to Brandon Marshall though, that'd be a very dangerous combination.

As long as Brandon Marshall can avoid stabbing himself.
Ravens TD. Theyre not done.

All this talk about Andrew Luck being a once in a decade QB prospect, and I am witnessing a once in a LIFETIME QB in Newton!

He proved me wrong, I thought he would be lucky to perform as good as Vince Young. Man was I ever wrong. This kid is something special!
Newton to Smith!
The Packers have almost lost two games, one to the Panthers in Week Two. I don't think they are as good as everyone thinks. Their defense has given up a ton of points. The first defense that figures out Aaron Rodgers will win.

Still... I think they're clearly the class of the field on the NFC side at least when compared with the competition. As far as the AFC goes right now I like the Steelers because I just feel like they're the kind of team that will either bring their A game and destroy you, or bring their C game and still manage to find a way to win. Although I wouldn't be surprised if by the end of the year the Pats got their D settled down... in which case I'd say they would be the best team in the AFC
Originally posted by DynastyPart2:
All this talk about Andrew Luck being a once in a decade QB prospect, and I am witnessing a once in a LIFETIME QB in Newton!

He proved me wrong, I thought he would be lucky to perform as good as Vince Young. Man was I ever wrong. This kid is something special!

Wait did you just imply that Newton will have a better career than Luck?

Don't lose sight of the fact that he's playing the secondary-depleted and aging Vikings defense...
Originally posted by DynastyPart2:

once in a lifetime? That might be a bit premature don't you think?
Share 49ersWebzone