LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 183 users in the forums

Next Dolphins Head Coach

Shop 49ers game tickets
I think that Miami ends up with a top 3 pick, and makes a move based on selling tickets over getting wins. That move is:

Hire Urban Myer as their head coach and make a trade for Tebow

You know they would be raking it in financially in Florida if they did that.
  • mike
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheFunkyChicken:
I think that Miami ends up with a top 3 pick, and makes a move based on selling tickets over getting wins. That move is:

Hire Urban Myer as their head coach and make a trade for Tebow

You know they would be raking it in financially in Florida if they did that.

Just because broncos fans have a teboner doesn't mean florida would too.
I guarantee Sparano was paid a little something extra to ssuck for Luck.
Originally posted by TonyStarks:

New meaning of the word "guarantee" that I have not previously come across.
new coach is gonna be harry balsania or mike hunt
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by TonyStarks:

New meaning of the word "guarantee" that I have not previously come across.

I have fat fingers.
  • Paul
  • Veteran
Meyer makes no sense at the NFL level right now....maybe they do hire him and sign Alex Smith next year

if they aren't going for big names...what about Jay Gruden? He has been a head coach in the minors before, and is certainly showing this year he is more than capable to coach in this league. Think about it
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Paul:
Meyer makes no sense at the NFL level right now....maybe they do hire him and sign Alex Smith next year

if they aren't going for big names...what about Jay Gruden? He has been a head coach in the minors before, and is certainly showing this year he is more than capable to coach in this league. Think about it

I think a lot of teams have been burned by hiring an offensive coordinator that has been in that position for a few years or less as a head coach. Most recent examples:

- Josh McDaniels
- Cam Cameron
- Marty Mornhinweg
- Brad Childress
- Todd Haley (perhaps)
- Pat Shurmur (perhaps)
- Jason Garrett (perhaps)

Now granted, Jay Gruden's experience is fairly different than those coaches, but he hasn't been an OC at the NFL or college level at all until now. Good future candidate? Sure. But I think smart teams will wait to see how he does in another year or so.
  • Sman
I have a bad feeling that Vic Fangio is almost gone
  • Paul
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GEEK:
I think a lot of teams have been burned by hiring an offensive coordinator that has been in that position for a few years or less as a head coach. Most recent examples:

- Josh McDaniels
- Cam Cameron
- Marty Mornhinweg
- Brad Childress
- Todd Haley (perhaps)
- Pat Shurmur (perhaps)

Now granted, Jay Gruden's experience is fairly different than those coaches, but he hasn't been an OC at the NFL or college level at all until now. Good future candidate? Sure. But I think smart teams will wait to see how he does in another year or so.

few of those guys were coaching for more than just a few yrs...but I see your point, hell maybe they do hire Childress lol

these guys need a job...

Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
these guys need a job...

ha ha, flip flopping Lebron. changes teams every week.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Paul:
Originally posted by GEEK:

- Josh McDaniels
- Cam Cameron
- Marty Mornhinweg
- Brad Childress
- Todd Haley (perhaps)
- Pat Shurmur (perhaps)

few of those guys were coaching for more than just a few yrs...but I see your point, hell maybe they do hire Childress lol

As an OC in the NFL though? Most, if not all, had short stints as an OC before being offered a full-time role.
Jeff Fisher will end up in Miami

Not worried about losing Fangio don't think he is interested in being a head coach
If Miami gets the number 1 pick which i doubt now since they won a game Gruden would have been the coach
Share 49ersWebzone