Originally posted by Paul:Cowher wants to win... I don't think Miami would be a fit for him with the owner they have there, I could say the same about Dungy. Gruden will be there trust, he won't turn down the chance to maybe draft Luck
Cowher could have some things going for him if he takes the job:
- Opportunity to land a pro-ready QB prospect in Andrew Luck. He lucked out (no pun intended) when Roethlisberger played at a high level immediately. As a rookie, Roethlisberger won 13 straight games as the starting QB.
- Ken Whisenhunt could be on his way out as the Cardinals Head Coach due to poor performance after trading for Kolb. He was Cowher's offensive coordinator in Pittsburgh during Roethlisberger's first few years in the league, including a SB championship. He would make an immediate impact as the OC again for Cowher.
- The 3-4 defense is already there in Miami. They have talent on that side of the ball, but the problem seems to be the culture and execution of the coaching staff (ahem...Mike Nolan).
For Gruden, there are a lot of things against him:
- He won the Bucs SB with Dungy's team. During the time where he had to rebuild, he only had 1 season better than 9-7.
- He's never really developed a young QB. He's always gone to various vets for the stater.
- The team is set up for the 3-4 defense, and Gruden has always run a 4-3/Tampa 2 D.