There are 245 users in the forums

Next Dolphins Head Coach

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • Paul
  • Veteran
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/10/25/cowher-gruden-linked-to-dolphins-job/

I'm banking on the fact that Gruden takes this job, and does not do much with it.. but he takes it
vic fangio

Jim Harbaugh
Gruden
didn't gruden just sign a 5 year extension with ESPN? i know that doesn't matter but i can see cowher taking the job... if they get the first pick
cower he is one of the better coaches in nfl history
Mike Singletary.

They can have Singletary and Nolan and really suck for Luck.
[ Edited by smithgdwg on Oct 25, 2011 at 8:39 PM ]
Originally posted by smithgdwg:
Mike Singletary.

and ruin his first 6 years....

[ Edited by Dr_Bill_Walsh on Oct 25, 2011 at 8:43 PM ]
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
Originally posted by smithgdwg:
Mike Singletary.

...and ruin his first 6 years

I would feel sorry for Luck. but I'm sure he would do an Eli trade.
  • Paul
  • Veteran
Cowher wants to win... I don't think Miami would be a fit for him with the owner they have there, I could say the same about Dungy. Gruden will be there trust, he won't turn down the chance to maybe draft Luck

David Shaw and he brings in Andrew Luck
erickson
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Paul:
Cowher wants to win... I don't think Miami would be a fit for him with the owner they have there, I could say the same about Dungy. Gruden will be there trust, he won't turn down the chance to maybe draft Luck

Cowher could have some things going for him if he takes the job:

- Opportunity to land a pro-ready QB prospect in Andrew Luck. He lucked out (no pun intended) when Roethlisberger played at a high level immediately. As a rookie, Roethlisberger won 13 straight games as the starting QB.

- Ken Whisenhunt could be on his way out as the Cardinals Head Coach due to poor performance after trading for Kolb. He was Cowher's offensive coordinator in Pittsburgh during Roethlisberger's first few years in the league, including a SB championship. He would make an immediate impact as the OC again for Cowher.

- The 3-4 defense is already there in Miami. They have talent on that side of the ball, but the problem seems to be the culture and execution of the coaching staff (ahem...Mike Nolan).

For Gruden, there are a lot of things against him:

- He won the Bucs SB with Dungy's team. During the time where he had to rebuild, he only had 1 season better than 9-7.

- He's never really developed a young QB. He's always gone to various vets for the stater.

- The team is set up for the 3-4 defense, and Gruden has always run a 4-3/Tampa 2 D.
didnt chucky sign an extension? theyre gonna draft a qb with their 1st pick so it better be an offensive minded guy or a HC who can find a stable progressive OC who is willing to stay on board for at least more then a couple of years and be strong/productive enough to keep a know it all D minded HC out of the kitchen.

they keep blowing games like this and the suit will be calling the shots before the end of the season
[ Edited by Allx9er on Oct 26, 2011 at 12:33 AM ]
One of my best buddies is a Dolphins fan, so I keep a bit of an eye on them. They remind me a lot of the Niner teams from the last couple of years... their players have a lot of potential, they just need a coaching overhaul (plus a new owner would probably help too! lol).

I'm not convinced the "big name coach" is the way to go... but Cowher seems a safe bet thanks to the Ross/Peterson link. Team that with Luck and I think they could bounce back quickly.
[ Edited by Milkman on Oct 26, 2011 at 12:39 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone