There are 206 users in the forums

National Broadcasts Blow

Shop 49ers game tickets
Is it just me? Or has anyone else caught on that the Sunday and Monday night games have essentially become part of the "Suck for Luck" lottery?

I mean -- both NBC and ESPN have lined up some real ugly games between now and the end of the season. A few examples:

This weekend:
Sunday -- Colts @ Saints -- OH, BE STILL MY BEATING HEART!
Monday -- Ravens @ Jags -- I won't be jamming home for work for this one, I can tell you

Next weekend:
Sunday -- Cowboys @ Eagles -- Featuring two of the lamest teams in the NFC lEast
Monday -- Bolts @ Chiefs -- Set the alarm clock on snooze

The Deadness continues in November with a scintillating Monday Night matchup of (are you ready for some snoozeball?) Vikings @ Packers on November 14th. Now, keep in mind that ESPN passed on 49ers vs. Giants. What a mistake that was.

It just seems like the network matchups blow chunks this year...
The schedules come out in April. They dont know whos going to be good or not. Plus in a few weeks NBC can start thierflex changes. So they can change the games on Sunday Night Football.
I know. And I know there's been a monumental shift in who is good, and who isn't anymore. This happens once in a blue moon.

It appears that this year it is that "blue moon" period.
It does seem like the NFL has turned upside down this year...

The Colts suck, Steelers semi-suck, Eagles suck, Jets suck

while Bengals are good, 49ers are good, Titans are good, Raiders are good

wth
I thought they had some ish in place, where they could switch games that were gonig to potentially suck? they havent switched any yet.
It'll be nice to see a Niner game adjusted to a SNF game late in the season, can't remember that happening!
Originally posted by verb1der:

wth
4-2?
Originally posted by verb1der:

wth

Bills and Lions as well.

before the season, if someone told me the 49ers, Lions, Bills, Bengals, and Raiders would be a combined 22-8 through week 6, and the Colts, Eagles, Jets, Cowboys, and Falcons would be 10-19 through the same week, i would had a great laugh.
Originally posted by unst4bl3:
I thought they had some ish in place, where they could switch games that were gonig to potentially suck? they havent switched any yet.

That will happen in December, and only for NBC. ESPN didn't get that sort of a contract deal.

But, in looking at NBC's lineup for December, you can bet the network exec's will be itching for some flex.
Nope, I've noticed it as well. The only SNF game that I enjoyed watching was Eagles @ Falcons and that was until they knocked out Vick.

I haven't watched a MNF game yet and I don't plan to until the 49ers game.

I don't mind though, gives me more time to spend on the 'Zone.
[ Edited by 9erfanAUS on Oct 22, 2011 at 7:46 AM ]

I rest my case. Tonight's Sunday night game was TERRIBLE.
  • lyer
  • Veteran
Originally posted by IWasWrongRubber:
I rest my case. Tonight's Sunday night game was TERRIBLE.

it was almost history.
Originally posted by thedude:
It'll be nice to see a Niner game adjusted to a SNF game late in the season, can't remember that happening!

and it probably won't with the rest of the NFC West being so bad. It's likely that the Niers games late in the season won't mean much in terms of competitiveness.
another great start with tonight's MNF matchup
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Another bad game.
Share 49ersWebzone