LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 324 users in the forums

is stafford considered a top 5 qb?

Shop 49ers game tickets
I was on my facebook and one of the pages i "liked" posted kurt warners top 5 qbs. of course they hate on alex and they obviously dont watch niner games and just ignorant to stats an is unimpressed by his yardage.

i was scrolling down the comments and half the comments say stafford is better than smith and vick. what do you guys think??
A top 5 QB can get it done no matter whose on the field. Take away Calvin and Stafford looks lost. He's top 5 when he has his security blanket.

I like Stafford, but the Lions have gotten by playing street ball so far.
kurt warner had alex as one of his top 5 after the TB game, it changes all the time cuz he needs something to talk about for his segment.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Nope, he not that good.
I'm convinced he's nothing special without Megatron.
He's good but not that good
he's a middle of the pack qb, just like alex smith, josh freeman, joe flacco, etc.

p.s. i'm not saying alex smith is better than those qb's, i'm just saying if you grouped QB's together they would all be in the same group
Not yet. But he's barely played--only 19 games in 3 years, so far, I believe. I think he has the potential to be really good, once he gets more experienced, and if he stays healthy.

but right now i'd say he's middle of the pack. it's hard to tell if his success is all Calvin or not, but he's put up good numbers, he definitely has a great arm, if not the most accurate.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
He's between 7 - 10.
[ Edited by crzy on Oct 19, 2011 at 8:54 PM ]
his side arm delivery bothers me.

No. I don't think he's anything special without Megatron, either.
Not at this time.
yea he's a good qb but not top 5
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Top 5 QB this year sure, I mean if Smith could be in the top 5 then Stafford definitely deserves to be in it too.
Not at this stage of his career. He's extremely inconsistent, often times inaccurate. Like everyone else said take away Calvin and he's nothing special.
Share 49ersWebzone