LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 233 users in the forums

T.O. is officially ready to play.......Question is should we make a play for him?

Shop 49ers game tickets

T.O. is officially ready to play.......Question is should we make a play for him?

I'd rather not. The minute one Alex smiths passes sails on him, he's gonna go back to the huddle screaming at him. We don't need that.
I am always open to bringing T.O. home.
Originally posted by LAFortyNinerfan:
I'd rather not. The minute one Alex smiths passes sails on him, he's gonna go back to the huddle screaming at him. We don't need that.

VD would slap Owens back to reality with his junk for messing with his QB, not gonna happen.
He's a good run blocking WR, which certainly fits here! In a 3 WR set, Braylon and T.O. would be big threats on the outside and would allow Crabtree to be in the slot, where I think he could be VERY effective! Plus it would keep Ginn off the field on offense, which would be a good thing.

I'd sign him in a heartbeat!
  • Ether
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Natewillis2252:
Originally posted by IWasWrongRubber:
Cancer. Nope. End of thread.

Was a cancer

It was actually just a Torn ACL.
I'll change my mind and say yes...ST only. That'll teach him.
Negativity is a disease aka TO, aka scumbag. I hope the Raiders sign him. If he's so hot why hasn't ONE team made him an offer. DUH! He is absolute poison.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Negativity is a disease aka TO, aka scumbag. I hope the Raiders sign him. If he's so hot why hasn't ONE team made him an offer. DUH! He is absolute poison.

DUH he has been hurt and just got medically cleared yesterday DUH
Originally posted by Bryant4everYoung:
VD would slap Owens back to reality with his junk for messing with his QB, not gonna happen.

lol that and Harnaugh might whoop on him as well
Originally posted by RDB4216:
He's a good run blocking WR, which certainly fits here! In a 3 WR set, Braylon and T.O. would be big threats on the outside and would allow Crabtree to be in the slot, where I think he could be VERY effective! Plus it would keep Ginn off the field on offense, which would be a good thing.

I'd sign him in a heartbeat!

This, I still think he could be a solid player, that and i think it would force teams to pay attention to him and keep the other defenders honest.

• Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
don't want, lol.

As great as he is on the field, he's a hassle at times. You guys remember the whole TO/Garcia ordeal? And then the TO/Mcnabb ordeal?

We're 5-1. Why mess with that?
  • dj43
I'm a bit conflicted. The Detroit game showed how thin the WR corp is without Morgan and Edwards. Even with Edwards back and healthy, we are one injury away from becoming one-dimensional.

OTOH, Owens has been a cancer everywhere he goes. Still, there comes a time when a person matures and mellows. Harbaugh would not allow Owens to become a problem, IMO.

So the most important question is; does he still have something in the tank? I don't know. He was a good blocker which is critical for this offense. He also drops a lot of balls. Edwards has that rep as well. Can we afford two of those in the lineup?

Those are some of the reasons I'm conflicted. I'll leave it up to JH and Baalke.
Personally I want no parts of TO. Injury and age I think has caught up to him. Just don't think he'll bring anything to the team.
Originally posted by mcbaes72:
I'll change my mind and say yes...ST only. That'll teach him.

i remember he played special teams his rookie year
would be funny to sign him and see the zone blow up
Share 49ersWebzone