There are 62 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

T.O. is officially ready to play.......Question is should we make a play for him?

T.O. is officially ready to play.......Question is should we make a play for him?

No. Before at least he was a talented headcase. Now he just sucks. I hope no one signs that whiny malcontent
I couldn't say this last season, but I'll say it now.

I have always said, neither Randy Moss or Terrell Owens will ever win a Super Bowl ring. They always take a team down, if not a lot, then just a little bit, and that little bit they bring a team down, will always prevent that team from winning a championship.
Originally posted by BrianGO:

I have always said, neither Randy Moss or Terrell Owens will ever win a Super Bowl ring. They always take a team down, if not a lot, then just a little bit, and that little bit they bring a team down, will always prevent that team from winning a championship.

Do you not remember what T.O. did for his team in the SuperBowl vs the Patriots? AFTER coming back from an injury that most told him he would not be able to?

just blind hate really...but I've seen that many times over the years from bitter 9er fans.
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Originally posted by BrianGO:

Do you not remember what T.O. did for his team in the SuperBowl vs the Patriots? AFTER coming back from an injury that most told him he would not be able to?

just blind hate really...but I've seen that many times over the years from bitter 9er fans.

He carried the Eagles in that Superbowl then Mcnabb choked it away
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
He carried the Eagles in that Superbowl then Mcnabb choked it away

I thought that Bill Bellicheck seemed to anticipate and have the perfect defensive call and personnel groupings in every time the Eagles ran the unstoppable Mcnabb to Westbrook screen play. No one stopped that but when the Pats seemed to anticipate it and snuff it out every time I for the 1st time proclaimed Bill a genious as everyone had been telling me. Unfortunately Spygate came out a couple seasons later and I felt that the Eagles could have been robbed perhaps
The question is not what T.O. did for the Eagles or whether or not he was a great player for the Niners or the Cowboys. He was one of the great receivers. I don't think anyone disputes that. I didn't like the way he turned into a diva and was a disruptive presence, but I think he was a great athlete and a great receiver. The question is whether or not it would be a good idea to bring him on the team today. I think that's a huge no. He has never really worked on his hands. He had a tryout with the Seahawks some time back and we all saw what happened - he missed perfectly easy catches. He got by db's at times and then watched the ball clang off his hands in the end zone. The Niners actually have an unexpected depth of good candidates right now to play opposite Boldin. With all due respect to T.O., Boldin has better hands than he ever had. Jenkins, Lockette, Moore and Patton have better speed. Most of them have good chemistry with Kaepernick. Bringing T.O. into this group is a horrible idea.

One more thing - if you call the above "blind hate," I think you're seriously delusional.
T.O. would only set us back further with all the young kids we have at receiver learning bad habits from him. he maybe able to catch a few balls still but the risk is not worth the reward, hes old as hell and has all kinds of baggage. we can sign any one of the younger guys available. even early doucet would be better and he would have knowledge of two division rivals
lol

its gonna 2052 and people still gonna be talking about signing TO.
Originally posted by susweel:
lol

its gonna 2052 and people still gonna be talking about signing TO.

It's kind of ridiculous, but it also says something about what an amazing athlete he is that he can be this out of it and this much of a head-case, doing reality tv shows and making an ass out of himself, and there is still even a conversation about whether or not he'll land somewhere. Madden thinks it would make sense for some teams to be in contact with him as a backup contingency. Now, he doesn't think the Niners need to be, but he thinks there are some teams that might need to stay in contact with him.