LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 278 users in the forums

49ers vs Packers analysis

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • Chico
  • Veteran
okay, okay...i'm bored and have too much time on my hands and already thinking playoffs

Packers are ranked #1 in every "Power Ranking" and deservedly so because they are the SB champs and until proven otherwise...

HOWEVER...I look at the teams they played: Combined winning % = .353% - Avg Defense played = 23rd rank
Defensive ranks - NO(17), Carolina(16), Chicago(29), Denver(24), Atlanta(22) & St Louis(30)
So far this year, they only play ONE team that is ranked in the top 5 and that is San Diego at #4 - This will give a better picture of their "true" offensive power so keep an eye on this game!

Teams 49ers played: Combined winning % = .559% - Avg Defense played = 12.6 - explains our 28th ranked offense(when we play a lousy defense(Tampa(25)) look what happens! The 49ers play 4 of the top 5 defenses this year...Pittsburgh(1), Cincy(2), Baltimore (3), Dallas(5) and then we got Washington(6),Cleveland(7)...

GB's only other tough defensive team they face, other than SD, are the Lions at #12 -

My point is if everything goes well and we meet in the playoffs, we should beat them even on their own turf!!!

Go 49ers!!! Superbowl or BUST!!!
JINX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
didnt read lol

just kidding i did
Good analysis and a very good point. We have the talent...coaches...and are developing. Every game is winnable esp. if you bleed red and gold!
If the game was played at Candlestick, we would beat them. The emotion of that game...it being the Packers...it being Aaron Rodgers...that would be the game of a lifetime.

If it's at Lambeau, it will be a lot like the 1st halves in Philadelphia and Detroit. Get kicked in the balls HARD for 20-30 min. Survive that with minimal damage, and you might have a chance in the 2nd half.
Originally posted by zillabeast:
If the game was played at Candlestick, we would beat them. The emotion of that game...it being the Packers...it being Aaron Rodgers...that would be the game of a lifetime.

If it's at Lambeau, it will be a lot like the 1st halves in Philadelphia and Detroit. Get kicked in the balls HARD for 20-30 min. Survive that with minimal damage, and you might have a chance in the 2nd half.

I pretty much agree. In SF, we have a very good chance of winning. In GB, I can't recall the last time we won there, definitely at a disadvantage. Although the weather should be pretty bad (snow) in the post-season, that might actually play into our strengths since our running game has been dominant last three games. At the same time, take away Rodgers strength in throwing the ball downfield in a snow storm. Who knows how it'll play out? Niners have beaten good teams in their home (Eagles, Lions), so it should be a close game that can go either way.
Share 49ersWebzone