LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 255 users in the forums

Jay Glazer: Lions are working a trade for Ronnie Brown with Philly

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
why? Then need a backup QB?
We need a power back. The guy we drafted to fill that role (Mikel Leshoure) ruptured his achilles in pre-season. Harrison was brought in, along with Mike Bell, to try and fill that role. Harrison won the competition but has shown little since and was proving a waste of a roster spot. So we've spent a 7th (and hopefully a low 7th) on rolling the dice on Brown - seems a sensible move to me. The Best concussion may have made this a bit more urgent than it was, but it's the Leshoure injury and lack of Harrison production that's really caused this trade.
Originally posted by enitor:
We need a power back. The guy we drafted to fill that role (Mikel Leshoure) ruptured his achilles in pre-season. Harrison was brought in, along with Mike Bell, to try and fill that role. Harrison won the competition but has shown little since and was proving a waste of a roster spot. So we've spent a 7th (and hopefully a low 7th) on rolling the dice on Brown - seems a sensible move to me. The Best concussion may have made this a bit more urgent than it was, but it's the Leshoure injury and lack of Harrison production that's really caused this trade.

I dont think you guys gave Harrison much of shot though. Brown is a solid back as long as he doesnt try to throw the ball while getting tackled
And from comments I've read, Lions fans were bragging about how Best was gonna run all over us. Now, they needs a RB because Niners D showed how pathetic they were and why we have what...27 or 28 game streak with no 100 yard rusher.

I think Omon is available, they should just sign him.
valrod - true, we didn't on game day. I'm sure the evaluation in practice was that the guy wasn't good enough to get a proper shot on game day. If Brown's an improvement on that (and I think there's a chance he will be an improvement, even if he's clearly no world beater), I'll be happy with the trade. If not, I'm fine with us expending a 7th on taking the chance.

mcbaes - our run offense looked pretty poor long before the niners game. The Bears game was definitely the exception. I'm sure some Lions fans were making silly boasts, most fanbases have people that make them.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
why? Then need a backup QB?

The Halfback Draw Play Option will go down in history.
looks like this trade has been voided after all.
Adam Schefter
RB Jerome Harrison has a brain tumor that voided trade to Philadelphia and is expected to end his season, per NFL sources. More at espn.com
Originally posted by valrod33:
Adam Schefter
RB Jerome Harrison has a brain tumor that voided trade to Philadelphia and is expected to end his season, per NFL sources. More at espn.com

Originally posted by jreff22:
Adam Schefter

Yes. Hope he is ok. Serious stuff.

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Wow what an amazing story. The trade might have saved his life.
  • Paul
  • Veteran
Adam Schefter

that is insane... if he didn't have a physical who knows when this would have been found out. Get well soon
Share 49ersWebzone