There are 163 users in the forums

Mike Sims-Walker cut by the Rams

Shop 49ers game tickets
He might help the 49ers. Good size, good red zone WR, still some upside. Worth a look...
dude was cut by the most WR starved team in the league.

no thanks.
Originally posted by HessianDud:

no thanks.

because they are awful
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal

no thanks.

this
When he was healthy, when, he was good in the redzone.

He seems to get hurt too often.

no thanks.

He does not fit McDaniels scheme. McDaniels likes smaller, quicker WR's. Sims-Walker is a big physical WR who fits the mold of Harbaugh WR's. Worth a tryout at least...
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:

no thanks.

He does not fit McDaniels scheme. McDaniels likes smaller, quicker WR's. Sims-Walker is a big physical WR who fits the mold of Harbaugh WR's. Worth a tryout at least...

No, he is not. Even the Damn Jags didn't want him.
Jags didnt want to give him a big contract an he didn't fit what St. Louis was doing, I say bring em' in!
This dude was a freak when he was at his best. He just needs a group of winners to elevate him back to that level.

Sign.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Edwards is coming back, crabtree is starting to warm up, and we got Ginn and Williams as those slot WRs. In addition, we use a combo set of Davis, Walker, and/or Gore nearly 90% of the time. Unless Edwards season was over, I don't think we will sign him.

Originally posted by GEEK:
Edwards is coming back, crabtree is starting to warm up, and we got Ginn and Williams as those slot WRs. In addition, we use a combo set of Davis, Walker, and/or Gore nearly 90% of the time. Unless Edwards season was over, I don't think we will sign him.

So we had all that, and Morgan. We replaced Morgan with that surfer dude from GB.

We can do better than him.
walker>swain. worth a shot atleast.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

no thanks.

...but we just signed a guy who wasn't even in the league 5 weeks into the season. Sims-Walker had a pretty decent 2nd year, and an okay third year with Garrard throwing to him. He is def. worth a look, especially since we're in the bye-week. Also, it doesn't hurt adding a guy who plays for a team in your own division.
Braylon Edwards is going to be very rusty and it might take him a month just to get into rhythm with this offense and Alex Smith. Plus I heard he is not even a lock to be back for the Browns game.
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:
Braylon Edwards is going to be very rusty and it might take him a month just to get into rhythm with this offense and Alex Smith. Plus I heard he is not even a lock to be back for the Browns game.

+1. Besides being rusty, I hope Edwards' knee holds up (no guarantee). Also, with Crabtree's foot being uncertain and with Morgan gone this year, can we really afford to move on without at least taking a look at a good potential #2 or #3 WR? We all know Ginn's limitations as a dependable NFL WR (this past Sunday was an example...was he just not getting open?). And Williams...he might have had one pass thrown his way this past game? Swain is a complete unknown (and unproven). I know we're going to rely on our TEs to catch more passes...we need more depth at WR.
Share 49ersWebzone