LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 217 users in the forums

What if Rams/Panthers finish with worst record.

Shop 49ers game tickets
It's a real possibility at this point. Moreso with the Rams. Do they draft Luck? Yes. Bigger question, what do they do with Sam Bradford or Cam? I don't think the Rams figured they even had a shot at Luck. The Panthers would have taken Luck over Cam last draft and even with Cam's surprise start they would still go with Luck.
What if it's the Colts? Do they cut their losses with Peyton? They have an out in the contract. It would be an option for them.
Originally posted by jte1979:
It's a real possibility at this point. Moreso with the Rams. Do they draft Luck? Yes. Bigger question, what do they do with Sam Bradford or Cam? I don't think the Rams figured they even had a shot at Luck. The Panthers would have taken Luck over Cam last draft and even with Cam's surprise start they would still go with Luck.

I think the Panthers can easily shop Cam Newton. It isn't as easy for the Rams to trade Bradford. His contract is a huge problem.
St Louis and Carolina trades the pick. It's a no brainer. You don't want the same problem you had to begin with. A talented young quarterback with a sh*t supporting cast.

Indy probally takes Luck and sits him for a couple of years.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Oct 17, 2011 at 2:34 PM ]
STL and CAR won't select Luck. And I'm praying Seattle doesn't trade up to get him either. Most likely Indy drafts Luck in the Top 3 and sits for a year or two until Manning retires.
I'd hate to see the Rams in that spot, they'd make a fortune trading that pick to Miami/Indy/etc and could really set themselves up to make a huge splash in the draft. Hoping they win at least a few games (just not the two against us).
they'd both trade it away and get a TON of picks for it because of Andrew Luck
The rams and panthers are probably the only ones who wouldn't take him. The rams would not trade with us.

The colts would take him and he sits behind manning for a few years.
I think it will be Miami taking him.
Miami or Indy will be picking #1 overall. Carolina will end up with at least 3 or 4 wins before the season is over. I think STL also wins at least 3 games. Miami and Indy will be lucky to win two games a piece this season. Denver could also be in the mix for the #1 overall pick

Originally posted by PatrickJira411:
Miami or Indy will be picking #1 overall. Carolina will end up with at least 3 or 4 wins before the season is over. I think STL also wins at least 3 games. Miami and Indy will be lucky to win two games a piece this season. Denver could also be in the mix for the #1 overall pick

Naw, Tebow will get them a few wins.
yea im gonna have to go with Indy or Miami. Newton can win a few games and ive got to believe that as bad as the Rams are, they arent THAT bad.
  • Paul
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jte1979:

why would the Panthers consider taking Luck when they just took Newton? Cam is (thus far) proven to be NFL capable while Luck hasn't played a down yet, even with the new rookie wage scale it'd be stupid. Rams have Bradford and nothing else, not sure how that happened.
Miami would be my first choice at this point. I just pray Seattle or Oakland don't end up with him at this point. It's ridiculous to imply that Carolina (Newton) or St.Louis (Bradford) would draft Luck. Miami or Indy are the front runners. Clearly we're out of the drawing so I'm hoping Miami ends up with Luck. Vikings drafted Ponder, Jaguars drafted Gabbert, Tennessee drafted Locker.

When either Cleveland, Washington, Denver, Kansas City, Seattle, or Oakland fall apart without a solid starting QB and finish at/under 2-4 wins, that team will draft Andrew Luck in a heart beat. No question about it. Indy is the only iffy consideration. Paying Manning and Luck $50 Million / $30 Million Guaranteed may cause them to think twice and considering resigning Reggie Wayne and Rashean Mathis, who will be UFA's! Core players...

As long as Seattle or Oakland don't win this race and we have no chance of executing a trade, then whatever... who gets lucky enough to draft Luck gets a franchise fixing QB.
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
yea im gonna have to go with Indy or Miami. Newton can win a few games and ive got to believe that as bad as the Rams are, they arent THAT bad.

they've had a pretty tough schedule. i think they'll win a few. just hope miami ends up with the #1 pick
Share 49ersWebzone