LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 244 users in the forums

Brandon Lloyd Traded To Rams

Shop 49ers game tickets
He went from a crappy team to an even crappier team.
STL is desperate for a "deep threat".
mortreport Chris Mortensen
Rams give up a 6th rounder in 2012 that could become a 5th rounder depending Lloyd's pass receptions
good, i'd prefer some popcorn anyway!
Originally posted by valrod33:
Rams give up a 6th rounder in 2012 that could become a 5th rounder depending Lloyd's pass receptions

lol, wow. that's a good deal for St. Louis. They don't have s**t at receiver. even if they don't re-sign him that's not much at all to give up. they will probably re-sign him though since who else do they have?
meh
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Thoughts on Rams' trade for Brandon Lloyd

October, 17, 20 1:09 PM ET

By Mike Sando

Adding receiver Brandon Lloyd from the Denver Broncos does not instantly transform the St. Louis Rams' offense.

It has to help, though.

Lloyd, acquired by trade for a 2012 sixth-round pick that can upgrade to a fifth-rounder, according to ESPN's Chris Mortensen, should help immediately. He already knows the offense, having flourished under the Rams' offensive coordinator, Josh McDaniels, in Denver last season. Lloyd, 30, caught 77 passes for 1,448 yards and 11 touchdowns last season.

He has 19 receptions for 283 yards and no touchdowns this season. Brandon Gibson leads the Rams with 17 receptions for 214 yards and one score.

Trades often require a measure of projecting. How will a player fit in the locker room? In the offense? With the coaching staff?

McDaniels' familiarity with Lloyd allows the Rams to intelligently answer each of those questions. They are doing little projecting. There's little question they need help at receiver, a position that was already underwhelming before Danny Amendola went on injured reserve.

The Rams' ability to get this deal done shows the team is responsive to McDaniels' wishes. Whether Lloyd signs a contract extension beyond the 2011 season could tell us, to a degree, how committed ownership remains to a McDaniels-coached offense.

The relatively low compensation the Rams gave to Denver shows the Broncos are rebuilding and knew they weren't going to re-sign Lloyd after the season. They moved to get value while they could.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/id/48722/thoughts-on-rams-trade-for-brandon-lloyd
I don't understand this move at all.
6th in 2012, could be 5th.

Welcome to 15 minutes ago
Originally posted by AB83Rules:

I guess he'll finally start to contribute to my fantasy team
[ Edited by YungAce on Oct 17, 2011 at 10:32 AM ]
AdamSchefter Adam Schefter
The 6th round pick in the Brandon Lloyd-to-Rams trade will turn to a 5th round pick if he catches 30 passes the rest of the season.

Welcome to 15 minutes ago
Originally posted by AB83Rules:

chrst, sorry sir king. I didnt see it.
Lloyd is talented. But he's soft. I'm sure our secondary will keep him nervous and alligator arming it.

The Rams have a bunch of interesting developmental projects at WR. I can understand how they need someone who can step up now. But if they drop someone, we should think about picking them up.
Crappy crappy move by the Rams they essentially just gave away a draft pick for a 1 year rental and they now have no chance of making the playoffs

Not to mention Bradford doesn't throw deep at all which takes away looted greatest strength
Share 49ersWebzone