There are 112 users in the forums

How about that Bruce Miller

Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by DynastyPart2:
Originally posted by susweel:
meh, he's only an alternate.

Sorry that does not get my **** hard.

You make it so easy to hate you. Not only do you use lewd profanity; you are obnoxious about it. Have you EVER said anything positive about our 49ers?

Brett Miller is an amazing story. The fact that ANY player in the NFL can go from 7th round pick to a starter is against huge odds. But to do what Miller has done is exponentially greater odds.

We so need a sarcasm font on this board.

And your not a true fan because you dont even know his correct name.

Someone bit hard.
Originally posted by buck:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Incredible that you can pick a rookie in the 7th round who switches positions and he can even play and start. To receive Pro Bowl recognition as a rookie is just amazing. I can't believe this pick turned out that well.

San Diego, I know it would be hard, but you could acknowledge that Baalke had a very perceptive view of Miller's capability.

Baalke has done better than I thought he would in both the draft and FA. I've said that before....
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Baalke has done better than I thought he would in both the draft and FA. I've said that before....

Tom Rathman should get a pay raise.
I remember being so disappointed when Cleveland took Marecic, as I was really hoping to have him. However, picking up a guy in the 7th that becomes a Pro-Bowl Alternate ended up being a great pick. I hope this is an indicator for future drafts that we will have a quality backup plan for missing out on a player, and the coaching staff to make it work.

Also, I wouldn't be surprised if we see Miller a little more involved in the passing game, perhaps taking some of the looks that Walker got.
Originally posted by islavistan:
Diablo Rojo!!!

lol love that!
He's so good that he's the only starter on the team where Baalke didn't go out of his way to provide legit competition. He doesn't even have a true back-up near as I can tell. Seriously. Who's going to be running at FB with 2nd and 3rd groups thoughout the summer? The UDFA's? Dixon? It just struck me today.
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
He's so good that he's the only starter on the team where Baalke didn't go out of his way to provide legit competition. He doesn't even have a true back-up near as I can tell. Seriously. Who's going to be running at FB with 2nd and 3rd groups thoughout the summer? The UDFA's? Dixon? It just struck me today.

All things considered, this still might be the most impressive pick from last year's draft.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LieutKaffee:

All things considered, this still might be the most impressive pick from last year's draft.

Agreed, Why would we provide competition for Rookie DE turned FB who was voted pro-bowl alternate? Thats all I gotta say, I think besides ILB this position didn't need to be touched one bit. GO BRUCE!
[ Edited by sfout on Apr 29, 2012 at 11:11 PM ]
  • hazy
  • Veteran

dixon actually might make a good fb. but do we really need him? bruce is a boss obviously. delanie is a boss obviously. i dont see the need. i do like the kid though, even if he is annoying as s**t.
He is explosive as a receiver out of the backfield, I would like to see him get 20+ catches at least, his long TD reception against Washington was the deepest pass thrown to a FB by any team last season, I can't remember William Floyd, Marc Edwards , Tommy Vardell , Marc Logan or even Tom Rathman hauling in such a long bomb ......Bruce can build on his solid rookie season , do you guys feel he will have his # called more this season ?
20 catches for Miller? Has any FB in league history ever come close to that?
I think he will be more involved compared to last year. Depends on what they need to do from week to week against different defenses. He needs to run better with the ball. I don't remember they have him running a lot last year. I think because of this dude doing so well coming from the defensive side, they seem to get just about everyone on defense a try at offensive plays in the OTA . Justin Smith, Soap, who else am I missing... last I heard some dude on the defense was playing WR and another was throwing the football... Not sure I want to buy into that.
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Jun 1, 2012 at 9:05 AM ]
Originally posted by SportsFan:

20+ catches with us would be a bonus, we were always more dangerous when our FB was a threat to catch the ball ...

I'm not saying he has to be one of our top weapons, just included enough to be a threat to score when he is on the field and keep the defense honest
Originally posted by NeeJ49er:
Originally posted by SportsFan:

20+ catches with us would be a bonus, we were always more dangerous when our FB was a threat to catch the ball ...

I'm not saying he has to be one of our top weapons, just included enough to be a threat to score when he is on the field and keep the defense honest

Yeah, it depends on how much traditional WCO we run...that used to be a staple of of the WCO so keep defenses honest. As it stands, when a FB is in the game = defend the run. But when you start passing to your FB, that softens up the defense and makes you less predictable. And then throw in the occasional, surprise deep ball to him and you've got a defense scratching their collective heads!
Share 49erswebzone