LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 277 users in the forums

Who stays and who goes....

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by WINiner:
There are better 3-4 DC's than Fangio unemployed atm.

shut up

Originally posted by deepniner:
was Vernon Davis the problem, or was it CK being unable to find him or GR unable to call plays to get him the ball?

I know vernon's run blocking wasn't up to par and i think a big part of that was effort. Something tells me that his route running and his effort on the field wasn't up to par too. Either way, he makes too much money to put out this little production.
Originally posted by SFL49ER:
Eric Mangini goes obviously. I would stop burning dollars over Johnny Morton too. Holy s**t i never will believe the lack of production at receiver for so many years, its got to end now.

I don't know about worse WR production. KC is having a hard time getting their WRs involved.
Originally posted by wilcher:
Offense:
Iupati: He goes. He will get huge money on his next contract. Brandon Thomas and Marcus Martin will battle for his spot (if Kilgore beats Martin out at C).
Crabtree: He goes. His subpar season will not demand huge money, but think back to his rookie contract...He wanted more than he was worth then too.
V. Davis: He goes. Trade him if possible. One of the biggest fall offs in performance (specifically run blocking) I can remember.
Gore: He stays. Hyde becomes feature back and Gore has a role.

Defense:
J. Smith: He goes (I am hoping for reverse psychology and that he won't retire).
Brooks: He goes. Trade or release he needs to go.
Culliver: He stays. He will probably get slightly overpaid but we need his size and skill set.
Cox: He stays. He misses a tackle now and then but he is very solid. If he wants Culliver money then he goes.

Assistant Coaches:
Roman: He goes. Can't get TE's the ball and couldn't teach Kaep to read the pass rush protections.
Fangio: He stays. If we get an offensive minded HC then why get rid of this scheme? If he goes be prepared to switch to a 4-3.
Tomsula: He stays. This guy has been a great coach going back to his NFL Europe days.

I agree with all of the bold. I don't agree about brooks. He underperformed this year but he was the one getting attention while aldon served his suspension. I don't think he will be that expensive to keep and is very good against the run and can be decent in getting to the QB when aldon is actually playing like he is capable of playing. Saying this, I like skuta almost as much as brooks but I like brooks better. Lynch ran out of gas towards the end of the season. He wasn't getting anywhere near the QB the last few games and he was getting handled in the running game. The last three games scared me a little about lynch, not sure if he ran out of gas due to not used to the NFL schedule or if he lost the drive he had when he first started to play.
Cox deserves much more money than Culliver. He was one of the best corners in the league this year.
(Double Post)
[ Edited by Kronos2560 on Jan 3, 2015 at 12:07 PM ]
Originally posted by Kronos2560:
Cox deserves much more money than Culliver. He was one of the best corners in the league this year.

LOL, um Culliver was clearly better than him. That isn't even debatable to be honest with you. Cox had a great start but faded as the season went along. Culliver was one of the best CBs in the game after week 3.
I would take Cox over Cully. Culliver takes a lot of plays off, and gets embarrassed because of it.

Cox has a better work ethic, IMO.
Better work ethic? And how do you know that? If anything, Fangio called Cox out in the offseason for his lack of work ethic.

Some of you guys are amazing. Most have preconceived opinions already and talk out of your butts. If I post the stats of both players, it will be laughable to even attempt to make a case for Cox.
Originally posted by CullyInTheHouse:
Better work ethic? And how do you know that? If anything, Fangio called Cox out in the offseason for his lack of work ethic.

Some of you guys are amazing. Most have preconceived opinions already and talk out of your butts. If I post the stats of both players, it will be laughable to even attempt to make a case for Cox.

Let's not get personal. Accept that other posters are entitled to their opinion.
I wasn't getting personal just stating facts. People weren't going to change their opinions on Culliver regardless of what he did this year. If he played great for every game except one, they would have brought up that one game. I'll end this debate by posting their stats.

Cox was thrown at 96 times, allowed 59 catches, 830 yards, 3 TDs 5 INTs, QB rating 78.0.

Culliver was thrown at 73 times, allowed 37 catches for 468 yards, 4 TDs 4 INTs, QB rating 66.5.

But yes, Cox was much better and has better work ethic!!!!!

I wasn't getting personal just stating facts. People weren't going to change their opinions on Culliver regardless of what he did this year. If he played great for every game except one, they would have brought up that one game. I'll end this debate by posting their stats.

Cox was thrown at 96 times, allowed 59 catches, 830 yards, 3 TDs 5 INTs, QB rating 78.0.

Culliver was thrown at 73 times, allowed 37 catches for 468 yards, 4 TDs 4 INTs, QB rating 66.5.

But yes, Cox was much better and has better work ethic!!!!!

I'll take the one less TD and one more pick from Cox. I'll stick by my opinion that Cully takes off plays and gets burnt, at least Cox puts the work in.
Whaaaaaaatt? Lol, so you look at only the casual stats? Makes sense, most fans do. I just got to be careful from now on who I debate with.

So how does Cully get burnt and not Cox who allowed almost 400 more yards than him? Lmao, this is some GREAT stuff here.

And what does that mean Cox puts in work?
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Originally posted by WINiner:
There are better 3-4 DC's than Fangio unemployed atm.

shut up

Originally posted by deepniner:
was Vernon Davis the problem, or was it CK being unable to find him or GR unable to call plays to get him the ball?

I know vernon's run blocking wasn't up to par and i think a big part of that was effort. Something tells me that his route running and his effort on the field wasn't up to par too. Either way, he makes too much money to put out this little production.

Agree 100%. We have to do whatever it takes to get rid of this VD.
I wasn't getting personal just stating facts.

Claiming that people are talking out of their butts is getting personal. Ridiculous to try to deny it.
No, what is ridiculous is to claim one guy having a better work ethic when NONE of us know how hard they work. Only thing we can go off is Fangio saying Cox would get complacent and not work as hard. I'm sorry, but when I see BS, I will call someone out on it. I didn't call anyone names and I wouldn't do that.
Share 49ersWebzone