LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 323 users in the forums

Since we're thin at WR, is there a chance Ginn gets taken off return duties?

Shop 49ers game tickets
I think this is a good question, and I think it's a fairly legitimate issue:

Do you see the 49ers taking Ted Ginn off his return duties?

Crabtree (who's already having trouble with his foot), Williams, and Ginn are the only healthy WRs that have a decent understanding of the offense. I imagine Brett Swain, and whatever other WR they bring in will just be an emergency guy, and a spell, for the above three. I imagine they won't ask much of him.
I think Ginn is a better returniner than WR. Crabtree starting with Ginn Or Kyle Williams as the number two is about equal.

If Ginn does not return kicks, then K Williams or Kendall hunter could be an option,
I doubt it, He is giving us excellent field position. Delanie Walker can also play WR. WE just need to get through this one week
it's not as bad as d-jax or hester.... but kickers try to stay away from ginn too. leave him out there just for that.
Umm... no.
0 chance
Originally posted by 9erred:
I think Ginn is a better returniner than WR. Crabtree starting with Ginn Or Kyle Williams as the number two is about equal.

If Ginn does not return kicks, then K Williams or Kendall hunter could be an option,

This. I would rather have Crabs and Williams as the starters and Ginn as the 3rd guy.
  • THEB
  • Veteran
Hunter is also a good kick returner. not as good as Ginn, but he is a good option in the tight spot they are in
i think Ginn is still valuable as a WR. Hunter returning kickoffs might not be too bad. I dont remember seeing Kyle Williams returning punts, so i'd much rather have Ginn back there. Didnt Reggie Smith return punts too? I'd be ok giving Ginn a little break if it means he gets a chance to take a slant to the house!
No. He's the best return man we have.

I agree Ginn is our best return guy but it looks like he'll see more time as WR until Braylon Edwards gets back in the offense.
[ Edited by 49ERwhiner on Oct 11, 2011 at 10:56 PM ]

....got dammit. I knew this guy could turn into a top caliber wr.

Crazy td just now.
Originally posted by TonyStarks:

Crazy td just now.

Hes their torrey a 1 trick pony... top caliber is exaggerating his ability especially since he can't catch on a regular basis.
Nice to have a qb that can accurately hrow deep
Originally posted by TonyStarks:

Crazy td just now.
first TD of the year and averaging 40 yrds a game
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Ginn >>> torry lelie
Share 49ersWebzone