There are 228 users in the forums

Are the Indianapolis Colts planning to lose the rest of thir games on purpose?

Shop 49ers game tickets

Are the Indianapolis Colts planning to lose the rest of thir games on purpose?

I believe they are. Punting the ball with over 2 min remaining down by 4 to KC was definitely call from upstairs. The Colts will appear to be in the games just so avoid suspicion. I believe Indy management and coaching has told Caldwell to do just this. Then they will show Caldwell the door at the end of the season, draft Luck, and hire an offensive minded coach. Is this legal for a team to do this? Or should there be an NFL "lottery" system with top draft picks?

Another question: If the Rams, Dolphins, and Colts tie for the worst record, what is the tie breaker for # 1 pick. Neither team plays each other.
[ Edited by jimmythegreekjr on Oct 11, 2011 at 12:59 PM ]
NO but the Broncos are. Thats why they are starting Tebow
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
So are the Dolphins.
No but I really don't care if they are. I just don't want Luck in the NFC West unless he is on the niners...and there is no way that is going to happen.
I don't want Seattle to get him, so yes...I hope the Colts tank the season to guarantee drafting Luck as Manning's eventual replacement.
  • Paul
  • Veteran
regardless of how bad a team is.... a team trying to lose on purpose will never happen. The Colts will win a few games this year at some point
No. They are just horrible without Manning. I doubt they would select Luck anyway. Way too much money to invest in the first pick of the draft and then him sit for 2-3 years behind Peyton.

Miami is the team where Luck is going to end up.
Originally posted by valrod33:
NO but the Broncos are. Thats why they are starting Tebow

The moment they named Tebow the starter the first thought in my head was the Broncos are trying to tank for Luck.
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
Originally posted by drake49er:
No but I really don't care if they are. I just don't want Luck in the NFC West unless he is on the niners...and there is no way that is going to happen.

this
John Elway wants Luck BAD. The Broncos are going to tank with Tebow and try and grab a top 3 pick to trade up to one.

I'm going to quote this in April 2012

Maybe but who knows. The way our season is going it looks like we are not going to have a chance to get Luck. Although he could pull an Eli Manning
I see Indianapolis and Miami as the only two candidates. The Rams are in pressure to win and they will win at least one. Since Indianapolis and Miami don't play each other it will probably come down to strength of schedule (win percentage of their opponents) to break the tie. Neither will trade the #1 pick.
  • Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
No, they aren't but I wouldn't blame them if they were. Luck is a great prize for having the worst record. Even if Indy believes Peyton will be back, they can trade the pick for a King' Ransom.
I hope they bomb the season and then when Luck comes out he pulls an Eli Manning and demands a trade to the Niners
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
No. They are just horrible without Manning. I doubt they would select Luck anyway. Way too much money to invest in the first pick of the draft and then him sit for 2-3 years behind Peyton.

Miami is the team where Luck is going to end up.

It's hard to say. I think this season may have shown them what neglecting the backup QB position has done for them, and it also has to make them realize that Manning will not be there to carry the team forever. With the new rookie scale, I really don't think 2 years is too long to sit Luck and let him learn. In fact, I think that is an ideal situation that most teams would LOVE to have, but few have the luxury. I'm not sure how Manning would take it though, and that may be where the problem lays. Drafting Luck pretty much says Manning has 2-3 years left. If he feels he has 3-5 years left (and he probably does), he may be against drafting Luck. Would the Colts risk upsetting Manning? I think they should - you don't miss out on a chance like that just to save some hurt feelings.
Share 49ersWebzone