There are 289 users in the forums

Is Jason hill the new Brandon Lloyd??

Shop 49ers game tickets
No - don't want either one of them. Hill did nothing to seperate himsel from the other recievers and Lloyd is a poison pill who is a little better than average and can't block worth a hoot.
He was the best WR on the team while he was here. I remember when they let him out of the doghouse in 2009, he scored 2 TDs in his first appearance. Then after that game, they didn't let him on the field again.
Nope.
Originally posted by Kilgore_Trout:
He was the best WR on the team while he was here. I remember when they let him out of the doghouse in 2009, he scored 2 TDs in his first appearance. Then after that game, they didn't let him on the field again.

It was obvious to me that the best receivers on the team were not playing or given a chance to prove themselves. It drove me nuts. Jerry Sullivan and Singletary, Nolan, they were all about earning reps and starts in training camp. Then, for some reason, that all went out the window with Crabtree. I guess once you start paying a ton of money to a 1st round pick, the pressure to start them comes not only from the coaching, but from the top...the ownership. If Crabtree were a 3rd rounder, I guarantee you that he wouldn't have started over Sullivan's pet receivers. I'm sure it really chapped his ass that Crabtree dogged practice and then started right away.

But that was then, this is now. We have infinitely better evaluators of talent and coaches who know how to utilize our receivers. Now it's a question of keeping them healthy.
Originally posted by Psinex:
Originally posted by Kilgore_Trout:

It was obvious to me that the best receivers on the team were not playing or given a chance to prove themselves. It drove me nuts. Jerry Sullivan and Singletary, Nolan, they were all about earning reps and starts in training camp. Then, for some reason, that all went out the window with Crabtree. I guess once you start paying a ton of money to a 1st round pick, the pressure to start them comes not only from the coaching, but from the top...the ownership. If Crabtree were a 3rd rounder, I guarantee you that he wouldn't have started over Sullivan's pet receivers. I'm sure it really chapped his ass that Crabtree dogged practice and then started right away.

But that was then, this is now. We have infinitely better evaluators of talent and coaches who know how to utilize our receivers. Now it's a question of keeping them healthy.

Maybe some of ya forgot just how bad the WR core was when Crabs ended his holdout. It was the worst in the league. Crabs got on the field because he was obviously the best WR on the team at the time. The coaches saw that in practice and it became true on the field too. Enough with this Jason Hill talk already
One good weekend does not makeup for three years of mediocre ones. Think about this way. Would you rather have Hill or a healthy Crabs, Edwards, or Morgan? I say No!
Share 49ersWebzone