There are 278 users in the forums

They hatin on Kolb already

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by fastforward:
Originally posted by unst4bl3:
Kolb will get better after more time as a starter / another offseason. He still wasn't worth the money, but needs more time. (this is his first full time starting gig, and alex got 7 years )

Kolb got the starting gig last year, but lost it to Vick.

That doesn't say much. Most starting QBs would have lost their jobs to Vick last year. He was an MVP candidate.
[ Edited by 49erRider on Oct 6, 2011 at 7:01 PM ]
Originally posted by 49erRider:
That doesn't say much. Most starting QBs would have lost their jobs to Vick last year. He was an MVP candidate.

What is telling is that he still can't produce all that well with the 2nd best receiver in football, and a much improved running game.
That doesn't say much. Most starting QBs would have lost their jobs to Vick past year. He was an MVP candidate.

I've heard this repeated a lot around here but I don't buy it. It's not like when Kolb was starting Andy Reid out of nowhere thought to himself "Man, we should bench this dude and start Vick. He totally looks like an MVP." Instead, I bet it was more like they knew Kolb wasn't that great to begin with and Vick is just (obviously) a better QB. People just seem reluctant to admit that Kolb is overrated and simply isn't worth what Arizona gave up to get him.

...I bet Andy Reid and Jeff Lurie are sitting somewhere now still laughing at how they got over.
Originally posted by fastforward:
Kolb will get better after more time as a starter / another offseason. He still wasn't worth the money, but needs more time. (this is his first full time starting gig, and alex got 7 years )

Kolb got the starting gig last year, but lost it to Vick.

Kolb vs vick last year, Kolb didnt really play much because of the injuries/concussion. Getting beat out by vick should have been a foregone conclusion. A QB who had started for multiple years, vs a QB who was getting his first real crack at it?

Anyways, I'm just glad we didn't trade for him, and also so far I am right about bradford. Last year I said he would have a sophomore collaspe, so far so good. (probably Josh Mcdaniels's fault but whatever)
Alex > Kolb.....
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Alex > Kolb.....

Too soon..
Alex > Kolb.....

Too soon..

kolbEXCUSES.

kolbEXCUSES.

lol..

You got me, when you put it like that.

I was pointing out that this wasn't the first year Kolb being the anointed starter.
[ Edited by fastforward on Oct 6, 2011 at 8:36 PM ]
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Said it time and time again, Kolb is OVERRATED.

He will look good due to having Fitz and now an emerging Beanie Wells.

Agree

where are all the dumb f**ks on this board that said bradford/kolb were better than alex? ridiculous.

and bradford isn't having a sophmore slump. he sucked dick last year and he sucks dick this year. not sure why a bunch of people on webzone were quaking in their boots thinking about him or why the media ballwashed him for a year when the most significant thing he did last year was lose to charlie f**king whitehurst with the playoffs on the line.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Kolb is an average QB playing on an absolutely horrible team. Among the league's worst in overall talent.

Kolb runs the "Throw to Fitzgerald under any circumstance" offense. It doesn't work.
Originally posted by frenchmov:
where are all the dumb f**ks on this board that said bradford/kolb were better than alex? ridiculous.

and bradford isn't having a sophmore slump. he sucked dick last year and he sucks dick this year. not sure why a bunch of people on webzone were quaking in their boots thinking about him or why the media ballwashed him for a year when the most significant thing he did last year was lose to charlie f**king whitehurst with the playoffs on the line.

Too true. Sam Bradford king of the dink and dunk offense. He might develop into a good QB some day but I sure as hell don't see a "future top 5 stud" when I watch him.
Originally posted by CrabTheSwagKing:
Originally posted by frenchmov:

Too true. Sam Bradford king of the dink and dunk offense. He might develop into a good QB some day but I sure as hell don't see a "future top 5 stud" when I watch him.

Alex > Bradford.....
Originally posted by okdkid:
Kolb is an average QB playing on an absolutely horrible team. Among the league's worst in overall talent.

Kolb runs the "Throw to Fitzgerald under any circumstance" offense. It doesn't work.

well it works for my fantasy team
Share 49ersWebzone